MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Audio To Midi, converting audio to midi
Mr. Jason E. Lec...
post Tue 20 Feb 2007, 05:42
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,692

Okay, i know a DAW exists that can do this. and i think it's probably something like Logic or Pro Tools or something else i just can't afford. But does anybody know a separate program that can convert the tones from an audio file into midi notes? i use Ableton Live 6, so anything that would work in that environment would be awesome. or, of course, any stand alone program would be just fine. any suggestions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
monkeyboy23
post Tue 20 Feb 2007, 06:50
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Team
Member No.: 74,134

QUOTE (Mr. Jason E. Lectric @ Tue 20 Feb 2007, 04:42) *
Okay, i know a DAW exists that can do this. and i think it's probably something like Logic or Pro Tools or something else i just can't afford. But does anybody know a separate program that can convert the tones from an audio file into midi notes? i use Ableton Live 6, so anything that would work in that environment would be awesome. or, of course, any stand alone program would be just fine. any suggestions?

Google is your friend.

http://www.music-notation.info/en/compmus/audio2midi.html

+Quote Post
Top of
post Tue 20 Feb 2007, 11:34
Post #3

Member No.: 66,796

Hi, Have look at this site, it may help

http://www.mp3towav.org/TS-AudioToMIDI/

+Quote Post
Mr. Jason E. Lec...
post Tue 20 Feb 2007, 14:37
Post #4

Rookie

okay, thanks for the ATTEMPT, but this is a post on MACmusic.com. therefore a program that is windows only really doesn't help at all. but hey, at least you tried. now is there anyone out there that knows a program for autio to midi on MAC?

+Quote Post
jimdubpram
post Tue 20 Feb 2007, 17:35
Post #5

Member No.: 55,837

QUOTE (Mr. Jason E. Lectric @ Tue 20 Feb 2007, 14:37) *
okay, thanks for the ATTEMPT, but this is a post on MACmusic.com. therefore a program that is windows only really doesn't help at all. but hey, at least you tried. now is there anyone out there that knows a program for autio to midi on MAC?

Melodyne Studio version has this facility. Can use the resulting file in Logic. Don't know aqbout other DAWz.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jeffcloke
post Tue 20 Feb 2007, 18:28
Post #6

Member No.: 75,834

But does anybody know a separate program that can convert the tones from an audio file into midi notes? i use Ableton Live 6, so anything that would work in that environment would be awesome. or, of course, any stand alone program would be just fine. any suggestions?

Try www.widisoft.com

I have the VST version and it works fine in real time. There is also a standalone version which looks very capable.

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Tue 20 Feb 2007, 18:50
Post #7

Maniac Member

Member No.: 2,002

With most Daws, the process is to record the audio from a midi device, then render a stero file of the complete mix.

Be aware that MIDI doesn't make any sound, it's digital data that describes a performance. the sound is dependent on the midi device being triggered by the data.

That is the way that live operates you have to bouce a track to create an audio file, it is explained fully in the Live lessons that come with the software.

cool.gif

This post has been edited by gdoubleyou: Tue 20 Feb 2007, 18:52

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
Mr. Jason E. Lec...
post Wed 21 Feb 2007, 20:39
Post #8

Rookie

thank you jeffcloke. now, as far as midi not making sound, NO KIDDING. i've been doing midi-based music for 15-ish years now. i just wanted something that will "listen" to the notes on some sort of audio file, like a piano arpeggio, and be able to say, HEY... here are the notes that were just played, and i'll go ahead and assign them to midi nites. it SEEMS like jeffcloke had it right.

+Quote Post
Kwasi
post Thu 22 Feb 2007, 09:26
Post #9

Rookie

Member No.: 39,259

From your post it looks like you are not a logic user, but just to add my 2pc, logic has the Audio-to-Score function which I have used with reasonable results. It is in the sample editor under the factory menu.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jeffcloke
post Thu 22 Feb 2007, 10:06
Post #10

Member No.: 75,834

To Mr. Jason E. Lectric. Thanks for the thanks, but please don't associate me with your aggresive comments on other people's attempts to help.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 23:10
- © MacMusic 1997-2008