MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Missing Insert Slots On Track From Apts Logic Book, Logic Pro 7.2.3, missing insert slots in tutorial song
alexbutterfield
post Thu 8 Mar 2007, 21:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,764

This week I got Logic Pro 7.2 after working with Logic Express 7.1 for a year. I updated Pro to 7.2.3 after installing.

I wanted to start going through Martin Sitter's Apple Pro Training guide to Logic Pro & Logic Express to reacquaint myself (it's been a number of months since I used Logic Express). So I re-loaded the tutorial songs from the accompanying disc onto my external hard drive like I had previously with Logic Express. (I wanted to load them fresh rather than use files I might have altered when learning Logic Express.)

But when I went to do the using the inserts/plugins exercise from the first chapter I found that the tutorial song wasn't showing the inserts (or bus slots, for that matter) for two tracks, including the one Sitter suggests inserting a chorus on (a Rhodes). Other tracks do show those slots. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get these slots to show up. The problem is the same whether I'm in the arrange or mix window.

My set-up: iMac G5, 1.8 gHz, OS 10.4.8, Mbox 2

Anybody encounter this before? Any suggestions on restoring lost insert/bus/EQ slots?

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Thu 8 Mar 2007, 21:27
Post #2

Maniac Member

Member No.: 2,002

It's a feature to save screen real estate. Load a plug in the lowest slot, and another slot should appear.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
alexbutterfield
post Thu 8 Mar 2007, 21:48
Post #3

QUOTE (gdoubleyou @ Thu 8 Mar 2007, 20:27) *
It's a feature to save screen real estate. Load a plug in the lowest slot, and another slot should appear.

cool.gif

There are NO slots to load a plugin into--none--nor are there any bus slots visible in the channel strip of the track. I've looked under all the View menus without finding anything to restore the slots. Other tracks show insert slots but not this one.

+Quote Post
alexbutterfield
post Thu 8 Mar 2007, 23:28
Post #4

I should add, because I don't know if this might be a factor, that I didn't uninstall Logic Express when I installed Logic Pro. Could that make a difference?

+Quote Post
elutfall
post Tue 13 Mar 2007, 21:48
Post #5

Member No.: 89,339

I think that the problem might be that you are working with a General MIDI track.

If you pull up the global mixer you'll see three types of tracks in Logic. GM (General MIDI), Audio, and Instruments.

While Audio and Instrument tracks can have inserts, GM tracks don't. You simply pick a preset instrument and go. However, (and this might be what you're looking for) they do have knobs to adjust reverb and chorus.

So if you just see three knobs (Rev, Chor, Freq) where you expect to see EQ, Inserts and Sends you are dealing with a GM track.

+Quote Post
alexbutterfield
post Sat 17 Mar 2007, 17:46
Post #6

Actually, I believe the problem was that I installed Logic Pro 7.2 without first uninstalling Logic Express 7.1. It may have created confusion over preferences (or something--I'm not a computer geek).

At any rate, I uninstalled both Logic Express and Logic Pro. Then I re-installed Logic Pro, updated it to the most recent version and the problem was solved.

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Sun 18 Mar 2007, 17:59
Post #7

Maniac Member

Member No.: 2,002

Duplicate

This post has been edited by gdoubleyou: Sun 18 Mar 2007, 18:00

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 27 Jun 2024, 09:12
- © MacMusic 1997-2008