MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logic Pro 8?, Does anyone have a bit of info?
mikenienaber
post Fri 9 Feb 2007, 14:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,734

Hey guys,

With Pro Tools updating it's software at a rapid rate - does anyone know whether we can expect a big advancement in Logic Pro?

Please let me know!

Mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leegrainge
post Fri 9 Feb 2007, 18:02
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 83,805

QUOTE (mikenienaber @ Fri 9 Feb 2007, 14:35) *
Hey guys,

With Pro Tools updating it's software at a rapid rate - does anyone know whether we can expect a big advancement in Logic Pro?

Please let me know!

Mike

(Please excuse my hijack Mike)

Yes - I agree! I have used Logic for over 7 years now. I stopped upgrading after Logic Pro 7.1.1 - I am a avid Pro Tools user for my film work but would love to carry on using Logic for music (and possibly film if they sort out the sticky crappy automation) BUT this is down to what the upgrade will consist of, not the amount of new plug-ins - I am looking for a plug in quality upgrade in Logic. Also now with Pro Tools letting you add as many QT movies as you want in a session that'll be a good move for Logic users also.

Anyway here's hoping!

Lee

+Quote Post
hahaworld
post Sat 10 Feb 2007, 15:28
Post #3

Member No.: 41,728

I was thrilled to see this topic come up! laugh.gif

Logic Pro is in DESPERATE need of an upgrade. I have alluded to this in previous posts, but it absolutely does not sit well with me that Apple is still selling a 32-bit native program to be used in 64-bit machines. The fact is, Logic does not recognize all the power in the new computers, and so many errors continue to plague us that should not be. Apple is very hush-hush about this, however, and if you call their tech support to complain about the hardware problems, they will re-direct your questions every time and claim that you are having a software issue. Then they proceed to try to make you buy a software tech support session for some outrageous sum. Moral: never rely on Apple Tech Support. I've never gotten any good information from them. MacMusic is the best place to solve your Mac Audio problems. This site is populated with pure genius, and I'm fortunate to have discovered it.

Does anyone know anybody at Apple who can tell us for sure if an upgrade is coming?

HaHaWorld

+Quote Post
arvidtp
post Sat 10 Feb 2007, 17:58
Post #4

Member No.: 12,850

QUOTE (hahaworld @ Sat 10 Feb 2007, 10:28) *
I was thrilled to see this topic come up! laugh.gif

Does anyone know anybody at Apple who can tell us for sure if an upgrade is coming?

HaHaWorld

Well, there are some people over at sonikmatter that claim to know that apple is indeed working on logic. They don't know or can't or won't say anything about what, when, where, why, who, how or in what century anything will be released, probably due to Apple's somewhat insane absolute secrecy policy, but I guess there is hope (I hope).

I'm still using Logic 6.4, and now I'm holding out until 8 is released. Don't want another repeat of what happened when I bought 6.4 (logic 7 came out a month later and there was no upgrade discount for recent purchasers). I hope logic 8 kicks some serious rump and fills in the holes that are still in 7. I agree - it does not need more plugins or apple-loops. I couldn't care less these things, since I like to build my own instruments and FX in Max/MSP. I just want something that works and works well and works predictably and is a breeze to use.

Until then, thankfully, except for a few small and avoidable caveats, Logic 6.4 works fine in Tiger.

--------------------
-Arvid •• Squish the Squid Productions, Modest Machine

•• digitally augmented trumpet, TOOB, flugelhorn, cracklebox, percussicube, no-input-mixers and Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz 15", MacOS 10.5, MOTU Ultralite, Logic Studio 9, MaxMSP 5, JackOSX ••
•• Electronic-experimental, jazz, digital instrument design, electronics, unique software and performance.••

+Quote Post
arvidtp
post Sat 10 Feb 2007, 18:46
Post #5

Member No.: 12,850

Here's a good thread:

http://community.sonikmatter.com/forums/in...34806&st=20

--------------------
-Arvid •• Squish the Squid Productions, Modest Machine

•• digitally augmented trumpet, TOOB, flugelhorn, cracklebox, percussicube, no-input-mixers and Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz 15", MacOS 10.5, MOTU Ultralite, Logic Studio 9, MaxMSP 5, JackOSX ••
•• Electronic-experimental, jazz, digital instrument design, electronics, unique software and performance.••

+Quote Post
mikenienaber
post Mon 12 Feb 2007, 14:51
Post #6

Member No.: 75,734

Hey guys,

Thanks for your enthusiastic posts - although I knew that with Apple's secrecy, if I hadn't been bombarded by insane marketing campaigns about the new Logic, then probably no one knew anything! HAHA

Well, I've been using PT for a long time now only for film post coz I cannot get round to composing in it. It really is such a sterile environment I can't get excited about using it. I enjoy messing around with Acid 4.0 more than PT - Ive read all about logic and the manual and how awesome it is to compose in so I think I'm going to wait til something 'grand' comes out.

Thanks again guys!

Mike

+Quote Post
leegrainge
post Mon 12 Feb 2007, 19:53
Post #7

Rookie

Member No.: 83,805

QUOTE (mikenienaber @ Mon 12 Feb 2007, 15:51) *
Hey guys,

Thanks for your enthusiastic posts - although I knew that with Apple's secrecy, if I hadn't been bombarded by insane marketing campaigns about the new Logic, then probably no one knew anything! HAHA

Well, I've been using PT for a long time now only for film post coz I cannot get round to composing in it. It really is such a sterile environment I can't get excited about using it. I enjoy messing around with Acid 4.0 more than PT - Ive read all about logic and the manual and how awesome it is to compose in so I think I'm going to wait til something 'grand' comes out.

Thanks again guys!

Mike

For composition your exactly right. Logic is great!

PT is dull but it's automation power and a few other things make up for the ancient interface!

soon Logic soon!!!

+Quote Post
musos
post Tue 13 Feb 2007, 18:21
Post #8

Member No.: 39,861

Funny......I've been using Logic since version2.0 in 1995
Every new release has been better and if I'd waited for v3 or v4 or v5, I'd still be using an Atari!!

My 5c worth: If you think Logic will help your creativity and give your music a better sound, just get it now. Sure it can could have more features but so could every other app in the known universe.

I'd also like to see more fixes and focus on stability rather than some flashy new synth plugin that ships with Logic 8. But hey, I manage to create broadcast-quality music in Logic all the time. It just gets better....

Regards - Colin

+Quote Post
jannop
post Tue 13 Feb 2007, 18:51
Post #9

Member No.: 19,033

Logic 8 is coming out this spring or at least summer. Guess they've been waiting for Leopard - can't wait the revised GUI and stuff.

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Wed 14 Feb 2007, 06:36
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

Logic (as with all software out there) has a VERY reasonable upgrade price once you shell out the initial big bucks so if you are in a hurry to get on board there is no reason not to do so now. For what it's worth, it often helps to wait for just a little bit after the initial update for the programmers to fix all the bugs....For example 8.01 will probably work much better than 8.0.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 26 Apr 2024, 15:04
- © MacMusic 1997-2008