MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Pre-amo?, Pre-Amp
Nicola Bloom
post Wed 24 Jan 2007, 20:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 87,647

Hello there.

Can someone suggest how I can get a less buzzy sound on my tracks.

Im using an electric acoustic guitar and microphone - and inputing them straight into a M-Audio FastTrack guitar/mic recording interface.

Guitar Amp & Bass (local music tech shop) suggested a Pre-Amp. Will this unit give the signal greater quality - less buzz?

If so, can you recommend cheap pre-amp budget £50

Thanks

Nicola (ibook G4 1.2 OX10.3.9)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
azkid
post Sat 27 Jan 2007, 23:21
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 85,612

Hey there!

I'd been waiting to see what all everyone else would reply...? Please understand that the "buzz" you describe, may have MANY sources and/or solutions.. So allow me to explain some basics please.

That "buzz" may be distortion. Distortion is almost always caused by over amplifying.,, Too much input volume.

"Buzz" is a non specific term that's very dependant on the listener and equipment used to produce the input signal. It's usually used when the lower frequencies are too "over driven". Too loud. This may be do to your speakers, or your ears, or the recorded input signal being set too high.

Bottom line,... It would be better to record a clear signal (audio recording) at a lower input level or volume, and then add volume afterwards..

So lower your volume first, try to get rid of he "buzz".

If THIS doesn't help, then we can talk about matching impedances on microphones and/or guitar input jacks with your equipment.

Please define your "buzz" problem?

It may be interferance, i.e., with equipment, connections,... TRS vs TR cables...? Is this "buzz" a hum?

Like at 60 Hz? (Low frequency) Give us a little more info on this "buzz".

KEEP Trying!

--------------------
Don't take any noise for granted. With a little rythym, it could be music.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 8 Mar 2007, 00:15
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

QUOTE (azkid @ sam 27 jan 2007, 23:21) *
Like at 60 Hz? (Low frequency) Give us a little more info on this "buzz".
Note, the mains induced hum is 60 Hz or a multiple (120 Hz for example)

Of course in most of the world it's 50 Hz (or multiple), so it depends of your mains standard.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 07:13
- © 440 Forums 2011