MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Programs Like Jam 6?, What do you suggest?
FUNKSTICK
post Sat 6 Jan 2007, 07:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,615

I don't know if many people here have used Jam 6 (that comes with Toast Titanium 6) but I like it.

If I want to do some quick (?) crossfades between some tracks, I use Jam. It does what I need it to do.

Most of the time.

But I'm pretty sure there must be a program out there that does what this thing does.. better. Especially since it looks like Jam has been discontinued (wasn't bundled with Toast 7).

Can anybody tell me what programs out there do this stuff? Or should I just use some kind of sequencing program like Garageband or something?

"Jam lets pros create 100% Red Book-compatible CD masters, the program's now a bit more consumer-friendly, with advanced features like relative index times and frames per second hidden unless the user turns them on in the preferences.

The crossfade tools—Jam's bread and butter, if you'll pardon the pun—are even easier to use than they were in version 5. When you've got your tracks loaded into your Jam playlist (a simple drag-and-drop proposition), you simply select the "bowtie" icon to the right of a track title. That reveals the crossfade window, which consists of three bars: the top one showing the waveform of the first track, the bottom showing the waveform of the second track, and the middle one indicating how the waveforms will overlap once the crossfade is set. A green line indicates the end of the first track, while a red line indicates the split point between the two tracks. In between, you see blue lines that are diagonal or curved, depending on your crossfade option; Jam's presets include linear, slow in/slow out, fast out/slow in, and slow out/fast in. You can drag those lines to precisely set the rate and volume of your fade, and you can drag the second track as far over into the first track as you'd like, meaning you can fade out of track one as early or late as is appropriate."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
post Sun 7 Jan 2007, 13:27
Post #2

Member No.: 81,499

I believe Wave Burner is bundled with Logic Pro and does everything you descibe and more. However, Jam 6 will still work with Toast 7 so you should probably stick with that if you're comfortable with it.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Mon 15 Jan 2007, 05:46
Post #3

Maniac Member

Member No.: 2,002

Roxio sent me an upgrade offer, it looks to me that they have integrated Jams feature set into Toast.

I'm in no hurry to upgrade though, the old version works fine on my Core duo mini.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/ti...m/overview.html

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 22:07
- © MacMusic 1997-2008