MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logic Express - External Software Instruments, Perhaps a simple question BUT, I CAN(?) use EXTERNAL softsynths?
FUNKSTICK
post Fri 22 Dec 2006, 07:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,615

I wanna get into recording but there are so many great softsynths and beatmakers that I wanna get.

I hear great things about Stylus and Akoustik Piano but if I get Logic Express, I'm afraid they won't work. It says here http://www.apple.com/logicexpress/comparison.html that it doesn't work with "external instruments"

Stylus and the like would be external instruments? So Logic Express will not allow me to use softsynths that are not included in the program?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jazzer
post Fri 22 Dec 2006, 17:14
Post #2

Member No.: 52,461

Logic Express will let you use any external instrument that is an Audio Unit. I don't know if the ones you have mentioned are available in AU format.

+Quote Post
lancet
post Sat 23 Dec 2006, 04:49
Post #3

Member No.: 46,480

QUOTE (FUNKSTICK @ Fri 22 Dec 2006, 02:30) *
I wanna get into recording but there are so many great softsynths and beatmakers that I wanna get.

I hear great things about Stylus and Akoustik Piano but if I get Logic Express, I'm afraid they won't work. It says here http://www.apple.com/logicexpress/comparison.html that it doesn't work with "external instruments"

Stylus and the like would be external instruments? So Logic Express will not allow me to use softsynths that are not included in the program?

They're both AU plug-ins so they should work just fine. Akoustik Piano is universal binary so it'll work on intel macs, don't know if Stylus is UB or not.

"external instruments" are midi hardware instruments that Logic treats as if they were software instruments.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FUNKSTICK
post Sat 23 Dec 2006, 06:50
Post #4

Member No.: 10,615

Thank you. Is Garageband the same? Can you use (those and other) AU software instruments with it?

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Sat 23 Dec 2006, 17:41
Post #5

Maniac Member

Member No.: 2,002

Yes. GB is baby Logic, any plug that works with Logic will work in GB.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 1 Oct 2024, 10:17
- © MacMusic 1997-2008