MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cassette To Cdr, Move old cassettes to CDR
BrettR
post Thu 29 Aug 2002, 17:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,998

Sorry if this is such a basic question, but I have a number of old cassette tapes that I'd like to archive to CDs before they deteriorate completely. How can I capture the audio to my Cube OSX 10.2 without spending a great deal of money? I have a Roland Edirol UA-1A which I've never used...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rickenbacker
post Fri 30 Aug 2002, 10:34
Post #2

Maniac Member

Member No.: 4,705

If you've got the UA-1A, that's all you need to get the audio into your Mac - provided Edirol have issued OS X drivers for it. My guess is that they haven't yet. I've got a UA-5 and there still aren't any OS X drivers for that. Coming soon...

Once you finally get the drivers, I'd suggest getting something like Sound Studio 2.0 from Felt Tip Software. Pretty good audio editing app, OS X native, $40 shareware, very nice and easy to use. You just hit play on your tape deck, record the audio in Sound Studio and then clean it all up afterwards.

+Quote Post
BrettR
post Mon 9 Sep 2002, 16:41
Post #3

Member No.: 6,998

Thanks much for that info. I downloaded Sound Studio and it worked like a dream. Still using it on a 14 day demo mode but will definately pay the bucks after the time is up.

The UA-1A works perfectly with OSX.2. Don't need any drivers at all. Just select "Sound" from system preferences then "input" and the UA-1A is there for you to select. It's as easy as that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 00:21
- © MacMusic 1997-2008