MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Oms Issues On Installation.os9, OMS Errors on install, unable to.
Apesounds
post Thu 12 Oct 2006, 23:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 84,148

Hey to all MacMusic people:)
Am new round these here parts and any help anyone can offer me would be massively appreciated!
Right......Running G4, OS9 and using Tascam USB428 with Cubase v5 to start things off.
Basically after upheavals and reinstalling everything I am attempting to install OMS 2.3.8 which was obtained from free download sources, trouble is halfway through the following message pops up...

Unexpected error occurred Proteus 2000
1008:17,-4

It has happened twice now with 2 OMS downloads, poss both from same source, differing webs?
both Vise I believe.
Anyways after the aforementioned occurrences thought I'd ask for some potential guidance and whether anyone knows of a certifiable working version of OMS I could obtain and try?
The Opcode site has vanished to the best of my knowledge.
As I say, Any help whatsoever is immeasurably appreciated!
Cheers
Carl.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lepetitmartien
post Sat 14 Oct 2006, 02:09
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

First, just in case, OMS reliable source from our (f… great) software tracker where it downloads for now from the opcode users website.

Remove by hand anything from OMS (including prefs if there's one already), remove your tascam drivers too!

Now, check your drive is ok (check with apple disk repair utility). Restart.

Install OMS and if it's ok, install back the tascam drivers.

OMS install can be tricky sometimes, and the general idea is for it to be the first in the MIDI area to be installed. If it doesn't work, we'll see from that point.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 21 May 2024, 22:17
- © MacMusic 1997-2008