MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vst Effects Plug-ins For Os X?
damann
post Tue 3 Sep 2002, 19:05
Post #11

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,044

this is all well and good for the future, but SO drastic a move! to just dump us "up the creek without a paddle". angry.gif
are they really suggesting it's about an hours work to re-code battery, b4, and the other 40 or 50 vsti's that i use? what about my powered plugins?
i really feel like typing a load of expletives here, but it won't change anything.
i guess i'll have to get coding...

--------------------
one for all and all for one...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Wed 4 Sep 2002, 19:12
Post #12

Group:
Member No.: 0

I'll reserve final judgement until I see the quality of AudioUnits versus VST.

If the latency and efficiency are on par or better.

If the actual useage is superior then I'm a happy camper.

AES is coming soon and that could be a nice coming out party for plug ins and OSX.

+Quote Post
Levon River
post Wed 4 Sep 2002, 23:39
Post #13

Member No.: 6,734

Specific to neither of the foregoing messages, but germane to both, my intractably suspicious nature is now focusing its magnifying glass on the "AudioUnits" segment of OS X, and finding, so far... NOTHING.

Coupling that with the statement that Logic for OS X itself works with pre-Jaguar versions, methinks, "A-ha!" Here we have the culprit.

DAW/MIDI sequencers without plugins are like pancakes without syrup. If it's so %#^&* easy to port VST modules to "AudioUnits," they ~why~ have we gone so long with NO--zero, nada, zip--such conversions appearing?

Elementary, my dear Elvis: because pre-Jaguar bugs/limitations in the OS made that CRUCIAL cross-over difficult-to-impossible for several major players in the plug-ins game, and until those vitally important razor blades could be produced, there was no point in selling the razors--for the very reasons that this topic is being so hotly discussed now.

Call me what you want, but don't call me chicken; it requires at least a turkey to stick his neck out this far. smile.gif

+Quote Post
damann
post Thu 5 Sep 2002, 00:28
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,044

hmurchison,
if reserving judgement means carrying on with 9.2 in the meantime.
you don't have much choice! huh.gif
otherwise what exactly are you going to use in the meantime?
if you read my posts, i don't use hardware other than to record audio into the mac. no synths...fx...other than emagic's.
hang on, you don't use logic, right?
or protools,
or dp,
what are you going to use while you reserve your judgement? unsure.gif
cheers, i'll have a 9.2

Levon River,
you are so damn right!
the usual conspiracy.

you know, this IS the truth.
i really contemplated suing dodgydesign in the earlier days. unsure.gif
software developers consistantly release product that just isn't quite "up to the job", then release a bug fix or so, of which, some, they actually want MONEY for. wink.gif
the way osx and logic are going, they may as well bundle sdk's and code with the product! huh.gif
in fact, 10.2 does! laugh.gif

--------------------
one for all and all for one...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 1 Jun 2024, 01:00
- © MacMusic 1997-2008