MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yamaha 01v + G5, Yamaha 01v + G5
Mijobee
post Sat 4 Mar 2006, 20:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 77,714

How can I get a decent recording from an 01v on a PowerMac G5 2GHz using GarageBand? I'm ashamed to say that I've been recording just by plugging the 01v headphone output into the PowerMac's audio input. This has worked fine just recording my turntables but now I'm trying to also record a vocalist, bass player and guiter player and the sound is horrible. I would like to get a nice setup but for the time being I'd really just like to record the output from the 01v, single track, just very simple if possible. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it, thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
randyman
post Sun 5 Mar 2006, 03:59
Post #2

Member No.: 35,508

I'm not familiar with the 01v, but why not go from the mixer's line out instead of the headphone out? The headphone preamp may be overloading the Mac's audio in.

You might also consider getting a dedicated audio interface for the Mac. If cost is an issue, M-Audio and others have inexpensive Firewire interfaces that will do a great job. You've already got a fine mixer - I'm sure you can find an interface for $100 or less, if necessary.

Better yet, spring for a digital interface that will accept the mixer's digital coax output. No D to A conversion loss! I just looked online - the M-Audio FireWire Solo Audio Interface will do it for $150. Bingo!

Good luck -

+Quote Post
Rocknisse
post Sat 8 Apr 2006, 13:26
Post #3

Group: Validating
Member No.: 14,155

If I remember right, there is an optical out on the 01v and an optical in on your G5. Just buy the right cabel and off you go.

+Quote Post
Metro SE
post Sat 8 Apr 2006, 21:16
Post #4

Member No.: 20,523

No there is no optical in on the O1/V. There is a RCA SPDIF in/out. You can also add option cards to the O1/V.

Your best bet is to get a pci audio card with a spdif and connect that betwen the O1/V and your computer. You could use two of the analog outs, omni outs or aux outs to a 1/8 inch stereo mini and feed that into your computer but you will probably get a fair amount of noise doing that.

+Quote Post
Rocknisse
post Sat 8 Apr 2006, 22:56
Post #5

Group: Validating
Member No.: 14,155

Oops, so I was remembering wrong. Sorry.
You can also use an mylan 16 card in the 01v, but that only gives you 8 channels in. And this time I'm pretty sure I remember right smile.gif

+Quote Post
zicman
post Sat 26 Aug 2006, 19:58
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 49,008

use the converter FOXTEX COP-1 he convert the optical in coaxial and the sound is good cool.gif

--------------------
j'ai pas la science infuse si je peux aider c'est un plaisir...et si je me trompe 1000 excuses
matos : MacbookPro 2.6 Ghz intel Core i7 16giga de Ram , logic X

My Webpage

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 19:01
- © 440 Forums 2011