MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> How Does Os X Handle Midi Applications?, What midi drivers does OS X use?
Ekay
post Mon 19 Aug 2002, 23:54
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,193

I've just purchased a dual 1.5GB G4 tower. With this powerful computer, I still seem to have to do all my midi work in OS 9.2 using the old thecnology of the OMS set up. Is there any hope for OS X to be able to work midi programs? I understand that Digital Performer (available in September) will be able to work in OS X - what drivers will it use to work with midi files?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
BusError
post Sat 24 Aug 2002, 14:03
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,795

Be especialy warry of the "iMic" thing. it looks like a good cheap deal, but it appearts to but just the cheap part. Everyone reports pops & clicks during recording.

If you pick USB, take a 'compliant' audio interface; they don't need drivers at all (well, not any third party ones anyway) so they start working as soon as you plug them in.

For my part, I'm delighted with the EZbus, but of course it does a lot more than just being an usb ADC. The device does 2 channels both ways, in 16 or 24 bits on the USB port (that and MIDI)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 20 May 2024, 11:56
- © MacMusic 1997-2008