MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> To Prepare The Voice
Jsegura
post Sat 15 Jul 2006, 11:16
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Team
Member No.: 60,731

How the voice is prepared before a session? You have some trick that you can recommend to me? Thanks for the advice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lepetitmartien
post Thu 22 Jul 2010, 17:23
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Hello pollinsmadons, nothing will alter your voice after breaking, it's all in the genes. But I strongly suggest you avoid smoking/alcool and most cancers near the throat zone wink.gif

Plus you can't foresee before how it'll be after, just have hints when it'll break. The transition from soprano to bass-baryton is always fun, I did it… I was ok as a kid singer (not solo material though) but my adult voice is way more interesting.

I remember the hard time I had at the music school, with the voice breaking, changing of octave every few seconds. One important thing to know:, if you can't decide your voice type and select it (save if you want to destroy it, which I strongly recommend you not to), you can still exert it during the months/year it'll change. It's not wasted, just don't abuse, it'll be very frustrating as you won't have much control, but you can still play your instrument even if it's (very) unreliable. This way, you'll know exactly when it'll be stable again, and you will already know partially your voice.

My professor then was very helpful, so that I was not frustrated of months of such bad control. And the exercising sure helped me posing my voice nicely.

Don't be frustrated when it'll happen, it'll come and go, and it can be for the better. Just don't expect too much during the transition. And don't try/believe you can choose your future voice, it's already in you, brewing. I hope for the best.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 25 Apr 2024, 07:20
- © 440 Forums 2011