MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Groove Box Or (other) Recommendations?, D2 / ES-1 / AN-200 / rubber bands / etc
cleft
post Fri 16 Aug 2002, 00:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,954

I'm looking to expand my HARDWARE options for expanding my synth/rhythm/sampling experimentation. I guess I'd liken the style I'm getting into to Radiohead or Tortoise or something (mixing electronic and "acoustic" instrumentation).

I've played quite a bit with REASON, but I still prefer the off-the-cuff feel of hardware. I've been looking for a relatively cheap price range of $200-$400 at things like Korg's EM-1 & ES-1, Yamaha's AN-200 and Roland's D2.

Can anyone recommend one of these or another device that's a good box to really tweak up sounds with? Ideally, I'd love an audio input. And at the end of the day, i don't want something tweakable enough so that the sounds are nothing like the audio presets they began with. Basically, I want to have the flexibility to REALLY alter what comes in the box.

It's a tall order, but any help or opinions on the above devices would be helpful. Maybe there's just a realy great combo that I'm missing... like a synth module + outboard effects box.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synthetic
post Fri 16 Aug 2002, 21:34
Post #2

Maniac Member

Member No.: 1,082

A note on the ES-1... I had one and sold it 2 months later. I will say that it is neat and you can really get some cool sounds using its FX but I didn't like the sound quality. It seemed too thin. I think I read that it uses 22khz or lower sampling rate which might be why. Anyhow, I wanted it to make rhythm tracks and ended up using the drum sounds from my Yamaha CS6x synth instead because they were much fuller and thicker sounding. That's my 2 cents on the ES-1.

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post
Synthetik
post Mon 26 Aug 2002, 00:43
Post #3

Member No.: 5,668

STAY AWAY FROM THE D-2

McDonald's won't even put the piece of @#$! in their happy meals

Thats my 2 cents on the D-2

--------------------
BING BING BLEEP ERRRRRRR[I]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:18
- © 440 Forums 2011