MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My G5 Is Under Repair…, I'm a poor lonesome moderator
lepetitmartien
post Fri 23 Jun 2006, 03:07
Post #11

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

It's the CPU, and the bill will be 470.27€, which is half the price of the G5 second hand now… sad.gif sigh!

Now I should have it next week YEAH!

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 27 Jun 2006, 15:02
Post #12

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Update on Tiger on the G3: 9 times out of 10, I have problem to closed down the computer or some deep freeze of the finder/dock, it seems software related, I'll try to check that once the G5 will be back, it should be around in the next days.

The more I go around in Tiger on the G3 the more I see it may be snappier (well…) than Panther, it also no more optimized for the G3 on other sides like quicktime.

hmmm the G5 rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Thu 29 Jun 2006, 04:42
Post #13

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,633

Yo, lepetitmartien!

Who knows what to say to the Master except: Sorry to hear you're Computer is "Down" great wise one. Makes me very nervous... If this can happen to you what about me! Be cool. Be clever. Don't Bb.

Grasshopper

+Quote Post
LWinston
post Sat 1 Jul 2006, 00:28
Post #14

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,847

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Fri 23 Jun 2006, 02:07) *
It's the CPU, and the bill will be 470.27€, which is half the price of the G5 second hand now… sad.gif sigh!

Now I should have it next week YEAH!

Why don't you have Applecare? With Applecare, your repair would be FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 1 Jul 2006, 18:19
Post #15

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Because it has never been of use for desktop computers in 14 years for me… That's why.

I would have saved about 120€ with applecare (anyway, i could not have subscribed to, as i bought it second hand and it was just out of the year limit). But it raises issues, it's not Apple aim to have computers going down in the 3 years span of Applecare, it costs them money, save if they make way more money by selling unused applecare than they have to make repairs. So there's definitely a problem somewhere here, I'm not the only one in this situation with either the "hot pot" and thermal sensors, the motherboard or the CPU to change on G5s. It's a shame on such wonderful computers. If applecare starts to be mandatory because desktops are not as rock solid as they were (my G3 is 7 years old! my 7100 is still somewhere thriving) Apple should understand people will start to add the Applecare price in the bill, making Apple expensive again in the Apple/PC price battle. So it's not to the benefit of apple such short to middle term issues go up.

For the G3 shut down problem, it was the USB hub! wink.gif 10.4.7 is running fine on it. (now, it's deadly slow in regard to a G5 and not useable save for emergency or very basic browsing/mail use (3 weeks of this, ooch).

The G5 is back since yesterday, it's been a PLEASURE to see things go faster again biggrin.gif (patting the G5) rolleyes.gif

btw, still no macbook coming in from a mysterious admirer, my seduction capacities are failing! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mac Daddy @ jeu 29 jun 2006, 05:42) *
Who knows what to say to the Master except: Sorry to hear you're Computer is "Down" great wise one. Makes me very nervous... If this can happen to you what about me! Be cool. Be clever. Don't Bb.

Thanks! cool.gif

Nice to see you around!

I've detailed as much as possible my case with hints and procedures in this thread and in a few others so that members will have the ropes somewhere. I've still to check up things so that I have not forgotten something. rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 22 Sep 2024, 01:35
- © MacMusic 1997-2008