MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Protools 7 Mac Tiger, Dividing tracks at bouncing
VOXRAMES
post Tue 30 May 2006, 01:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 80,126

I have a track with an english voice and another with a Spanish voice of the translation. When I bounce the I cannot separate the tracks in two channels.
i am making an audio master for a DVD productions and I have to have the english in one side and the Spanish in the other.
I have tried to bounce in stereo interleave and in mono-summed, at the levels that the DVD authoring tech. has asked me to do it
English -18.2 Spanish -6.4
Anyone has an idea of how to do it.?
Thanks a lot
Cristina
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zeze
post Tue 30 May 2006, 05:52
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 6,502

cristina, if you put the two voices on two mono tracks, and pan, let's say, the english voice hard right
and the spanish one hard left, you can bounce them in a stereo interleaved file (wav or aif format)),
so what you get is a single stereo file that you can use with any player, that plays your two voices
separated in the two channels; it's that simple wink.gif

+Quote Post
VOXRAMES
post Tue 30 May 2006, 21:17
Post #3

QUOTE (zeze @ Mon 29 May 2006, 21:52) *
cristina, if you put the two voices on two mono tracks, and pan, let's say, the english voice hard right
and the spanish one hard left, you can bounce them in a stereo interleaved file (wav or aif format)),
so what you get is a single stereo file that you can use with any player, that plays your two voices
separated in the two channels; it's that simple wink.gif

Thanks a lot zeze
But i was doing that and I could not sepparate them. When I bounce in stereo interleave, with both tracs in mono one side is almost pure Spanish with a little bit of English in background. The other side higher Spanish lower English, but mixed.
The only way I have been able to sepatate completely both is bouncing it in Multiple Mono and getting as a result two AIFF files. I am hoping the video tech accepts that.
I do not understand why the steroe interleave does not separate them. I have the pans on opposite sides for each language, and everything I have produced CDs before bouncing like that and at least I got almost pure language on either side, but not quite, which nobody that I know (older versions of Pro Tools users) knows why.
But thanks a lot anyhow. Any ideas are welcome.
Cristina
blink.gif

+Quote Post
pableins
post Sat 3 Jun 2006, 04:33
Post #4

Member No.: 80,268

cristina, i've got the same problem, i'm trying to put a click on one side and music at the other (so i send via mp3 player through a rca cable a click for a drummer, and the rest of the music to the audience and the monitors, but pro tools doesn't separate them perfectly as you said, i always hear a little bit of the click on the other side a viceversa. Did you find the answer?????? sad.gif

+Quote Post
zeze
post Sun 4 Jun 2006, 19:50
Post #5

Rookie

i verified myself the crosstalk issue you reported, into Pro Tool 7.1 LE, and i can assure you that
there is no leakage or crosstalking between the left and right channels when bouncing into an
interleaved stereo file;
anyway, there is another option that you can try, select the track and region/s in question,
then under the menu' REGIONS at the right of the edit window, choose
EXPORT REGIONS AS FILES, here choose your format, name it and click Export;
PT does a brand new file which is pretty perfectly divided in the stereo field;
i suspect that you used some kind of plugin, such as a reverb, in the track, that may lead to
the leakage problem.
hope this helps.

+Quote Post
VOXRAMES
post Mon 5 Jun 2006, 17:52
Post #6

The only way I have been able to get pure tracks is bouncing it in MULTIPLE MONO.
You end up with 2 separate channels. left and right.
all the other ways that I have tried PT mixes the left and right channels.
I hope that you can do it like that.

I have now a new glittch.
I have a screen that opens saying
Assertion in "BDM.workingspace.cpp", line 1358.
Do you have any idea of what that means?
It started appearing today and now it appears in different PT sessions all the time.

+Quote Post
VOXRAMES
post Mon 5 Jun 2006, 18:31
Post #7

QUOTE (zeze @ Sun 4 Jun 2006, 11:50) *
i verified myself the crosstalk issue you reported, into Pro Tool 7.1 LE, and i can assure you that
there is no leakage or crosstalking between the left and right channels when bouncing into an
interleaved stereo file;
anyway, there is another option that you can try, select the track and region/s in question,
then under the menu' REGIONS at the right of the edit window, choose
EXPORT REGIONS AS FILES, here choose your format, name it and click Export;
PT does a brand new file which is pretty perfectly divided in the stereo field;
i suspect that you used some kind of plugin, such as a reverb, in the track, that may lead to
the leakage problem.
hope this helps.

I tried to do what you suggested, but when I go to the regions menu the option export regions as files is not lit. So it does not let me do that.
I do not have any plugin when I am bouncing in any of the tracks.

Even more strange things have happened: in one of my recording sessions PT erased the previos French tracks with the new French track that I was recording. There were 2 other French tracks and 6 other English tracks. I had all the tracks that I was not using out of the screen. And only the 2 previous French tracks were overlaid with the new one and each to different lengths. Has that ever happen to you?

Do you know what Assertion in BDM.workspace.cpp", line 1358 means?
I noticed it happened for the first time after I disconnected an external drive from the mac while having a PT session open. But I do not know if it has any relation with that.

Buff, so much more to learn in PT

Thanks a lot for your help.
Cristina

+Quote Post
zeze
post Tue 6 Jun 2006, 06:51
Post #8

Rookie

I tried to do what you suggested, but when I go to the regions menu the option export regions as files is not lit. So it does not let me do that.

that's quite strange; i suggest you to do two things before trying to solve your problem,
first, delete any DIGIDESIGN DATABASE folder you find onto any of your hard drives,
and trash them, PT will recreate them, ;
second, open Disk Utility and repair permissions on your OSX operating system drive;

do this for now, and tell me if things get better.

p.s. NEVER disconnect a drive when PT is running.

+Quote Post
VOXRAMES
post Wed 7 Jun 2006, 17:20
Post #9

I repair the permisions and erased the database
But the regions menu still does not give me the export regios as tracks active.

In the Spanish session that I have I do not even have the regions window in the Edit Window. So I do not know what to do. If I open a new session, still I do not get the Regions menue.
I am afraid to copy the French session for it has been giving me more problems that the french one. And I cannot erase all the tracks either, for some strange reason.

+Quote Post
zeze
post Thu 8 Jun 2006, 07:52
Post #10

Rookie

In a PT session, at the lower right of the edit window you must see two little arrows like this «,
click on it and the Regions menu' will open, then if you select a sample region in a track, it will appear highlighted in the Regions menu', here you can select Export Regions as Files;
if you cannot do this, i suspect that something wrong is in your program;

which PT version are you using? and which Tiger version you have in your Mac?
what audio interface do you use with PT? are you using a mixer connected to this interface?

a probable cause of L/R channels crosstalking could be a bad cable connected from the
output of your Digidesign audio interface to your speakers system or mixer;
in case, you should check trying with another brand new stereo cable;
hope this helps.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 19:31
- © MacMusic 1997-2008