MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Minidisc To Computer To Burn Cd, how to?
benela
post Sun 11 Aug 2002, 17:16
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,759

I found plenty on the internet about recording to the minidisc from the computer. What I´d like to know is if there is a simple way to bring my minidisc songs and recordings to my iMac G4? Does anybody know? Of course it would be better not to record them all over again but rather put the files in the computer and make a different format.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Sun 18 Aug 2002, 14:02
Post #2

Group:
Member No.: 0

I did some research into this recently and it seems like the only way to do that would be if you had an optical output (which I think is fairly rare - at least mine doesn't have one) on your minidisc and an optical input on some kind of audio interface to the Mac. The USB connections do not support transfer from the MD to the computer. So, rerecording it is probably your best bet.

+Quote Post
tokyoroland
post Mon 19 Aug 2002, 08:29
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,970

benela- I know exactly how you feel. I wanted to get my minidisc music into MY imac g4 so I could score a film. You can take the complecated path of coaxial/optical....crap, or you could simply get your minidisc transferred to cd. I just tried this, but they couldn't do it, because they couldn't transfer an LP4 ( or LP2 ) format. DO NOT SEND THEM A MINIDISC IN LP2 OR LP4 format!!! I made this mistake. but if it's in normal mono or stereo recording, they can transfer it for you.

go to minkfish studios www.minkfish.com

it only costs like 12 or 13 dollars i believe.

hope this helps! - jeff

--------------------
"history repeats itself, so the best thing to do is rewrite the future"
- Jeffrey Roland

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 05:05
- © MacMusic 1997-2008