MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Apogee unveils Ensemble, a digital audio interface, Computer Hardware
_news_
post Fri 20 Jan 2006, 21:05
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Apogee unveils Ensemble, a digital audio interface
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eluxtria
post Fri 20 Jan 2006, 21:05
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,468

I've only had a brief amount of time at NAMM to listen to the Ensemble, but it is stunning. I cannot wait to get one. I am using another 'highend' audio interface at the moment, but even over the DIN of NAMM, I can hear the difference. The stereo image, the detail, the Apogee sound is totally intact.

+Quote Post
soebx
post Mon 1 May 2006, 11:55
Post #3

Member No.: 16,808

Tell me more!
I´ve just ordered ensemble and I can´t find any reviews (it´s not out yet I know!) or many pesons who actually have heard the thing.
What High end audiointerface do you have now?

Soebx blink.gif

+Quote Post
eluxtria
post Mon 1 May 2006, 16:26
Post #4

QUOTE (soebx @ May 1 2006, 10:55)
Tell me more!
I´ve just ordered ensemble and I can´t find any reviews (it´s not out yet I know!) or many pesons who actually have heard the thing.
What High end audiointerface do you have now?

Soebx :crazy:

The VU meters are interesting. They are not designed for precision, but to give you some idea of what the levels are. They are unusual and unique. Detailed metering is done using the included software for the Ensemble. If I'm not mistaken, using the Ensemble with Logic Pro 7.2+ also provides sophisticated metering in addition to control of the Ensemble.

I can't wait for my Ensemble to arrive!! I love the unit I am using now, but the ensemble should be noticably higher quality.

+Quote Post
soebx
post Mon 1 May 2006, 17:22
Post #5

Re the meters: Yeah i noticed that too. Julio from apogee told me that the reason the price is low (well lower than the other apogee stuff) is because the saved some costs on ex. the meters, the chassis and other stuff not related to the soundquality + the fact that the developed the thing togehter with appla (saving developmentcosts + they expect to sell a lot of this unit, well the backorder is huge so..)
The mic pres is a step up from minime and the ADDA is a step up from Trak2 but a small step down from rosetta.
So what interface do you use now, just have a comparison (i could be something a know!)
soebx

+Quote Post
eluxtria
post Tue 2 May 2006, 08:10
Post #6

QUOTE (soebx @ May 1 2006, 16:22)
Re the meters: Yeah i noticed that too. Julio from apogee told me that the reason the price is low (well lower than the other apogee stuff) is because the saved some costs on ex. the meters, the chassis and other stuff not related to the soundquality + the fact that the developed the thing togehter with appla (saving developmentcosts + they expect to sell a lot of this unit, well the backorder is huge so..)
The mic pres is a step up from minime and the ADDA is a step up from Trak2 but a small step down from rosetta.
So what interface do you use now, just have a comparison (i could be something a know!)
soebx

I've had a great personal relationship with the company and would rather not reveal who they are, but suffice it to say, I think they are second only to Apogee. :-)

Honestly, the definition and clarity is noticeably better than any product under $5k. I've owned a number of i/o's and dacs and the Ensemble sounds better without even A/Bing it against other products. Its that much better. Wait until you hear the bass, its so stable and clear. The stereo sound stage is so deep and wide..

anyhow, I'll stop gushing.. more news when I get mine and can really run it through some tests..

+Quote Post
soebx
post Tue 2 May 2006, 13:08
Post #7

Ok. I understand.

I very happy about your information. It´s the closest I´ve been to a review and actually "talking" to a person who have heard the unit.
I has been a very difficult decision to make, cause there is so much gear out there and so many opinions.
I can´t wait to get my hands on the unit.
And I will post my reivew when I have some experience.

All the best
Soebx biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Sat 15 Jun 2024, 21:11
- © PcMusic 1997-2007