MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Midi Interface With Stand-alone Processing, Is there such a thing?
Singular
post Thu 27 Apr 2006, 10:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 63,782

Hello,
my first post.

I'm trying to find a midi interface that can do realtime processing in patch mode.
In addition to usual merging and patching, I'd like to filter, convert, transpose, split etc.

Also, if there exists an older serial port machine that can do this, please let me know.

It's not exactly "stand-alone", but of course I can always get a laptop running midi pipe
and be happy with one of my Unitor 8's. tongue.gif

Best,
Petja
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
drjuju
post Fri 28 Apr 2006, 05:38
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 77,062

The rack module for the Korg Z3 guitar synth has something like what you are describing here. You can use it with the guitar pickup, which is surprisingly good for its age, and can control bank and program values via the FC-6 external (foot-stompers) controller. It features a real-time patch-mode for live play, and I believe it has a serial port in addition to the usual MIDI in/out/through. It was, incidentally, the product of an odd relationship with YAMAHA, whose design it allegedly was. Interesting set of boxes. Have a look at the pickup, which I think was designated ZD-3.

More later when I get mine back.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 8 Jun 2024, 02:25
- © MacMusic 1997-2008