MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problems Mounting An Iso Disk Image With Disk Copy
Bronx
post Thu 6 Apr 2006, 18:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 78,751

I have Mac OS 10.2.7 Power PC G4 Ighz 768 MB Ram (25-30 GB of disk drive unused)

Using Disk Copy, Ive tried to mount an ISO image--3.2 GB-it keeps resulting in kernel panic..

I've read of similar problems, and tried all their solutions, except logging in and out:

http://www.macattorney.com/tutorial.html#a...nchor-diskimage

Disk Image can convert it to a dmg file, and it checksums out, indicating to me, the image is not corrupt-but trying to then mount the dmg STILL casues the kernel panic.
Is this correct thinking about it NOT being corrupt?

Any way to check?

I also tried with Disk Utility--the mount option is greyed out--says its a Roxio Inc. DIsk Image Media, Disk Write Status: Read/Write

I also am aware of RAM going bad causing kernel panic, but it only happens with this image, and also with using two consecutive programs that use Apples Audio Midi Setup-Core Audio, I believe, which is also well documented,,best to just restart between using two of these kinds of applications.

Any suggestions how to mount, or extract files from this iso image??
Thanks for any and all help-

Peace. Bob Morabito

PS--I also Tried Toast Titanium 6 to mount it-didnt do anything-no crash, or kernel panic..just a slight delay, like it was going to do something the first time, then nothing..

I also checked computer with Tech Tools, and Norton-everything ok
PLEASE HELP!!:)smile.gif:

THANK YOU~!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 7 Apr 2006, 01:45
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Mhmm

Have you restarted? You don't tell us… just to check, there's nothing wrong into restarting a mac when something is strange. if it's still strange it excludes the temporary problem…

Have you tried to open the file from Apple disk utility? (either by burn button, then by dropping it into the window)

May I ask why are you still in 10.2.7 ? There must be a reason? 10.2.8 is supposed to run fine (don't update before you're sure it'll be all right).

The dmg may be corrupt, as if the file is wrong but the checksum has been made AFTER the corruption then you'll have a fine checksum result but still a rotten dmg.

Can you try on another mac?

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Bronx
post Fri 7 Apr 2006, 03:20
Post #3

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Apr 7 2006, 00:45)
Mhmm

Have you restarted? You don't tell us� just to check, there's nothing wrong into restarting a mac when something is strange. if it's still strange it excludes the temporary problem�

Have you tried to open the file from Apple disk utility? (either by burn button, then by dropping it into the window)

May I ask why are you still in 10.2.7 ? There must be a reason? 10.2.8 is supposed to run fine (don't update before you're sure it'll be all right).

The dmg may be corrupt, as if the file is wrong but the checksum has been made AFTER the corruption then you'll have a fine checksum result but still a rotten dmg.

Can you try on another mac?

Yes, as I had written about the kernel panics, so I had to restart several times . and also restarted at other times and tried.

And yes, restarting is always a viable option!!

I also wrote above, in my post about trying Disk Utility-(plus my version has no "burn button" that I can see, and dropping it there has no effect).

RE: 10.2.8 upgrade, or more-I have an awful lot of programs running EXCELLENTLY on my computer, and I've heard too manny horror stories with upgrades..def. NOT a viable option!!
smile.gifsmile.gif:

So you say the iso may be corrupt? even tho Disk copy can convert it to a dmg, and the check sum is fine?

Again, as I asked in my original post-how can I check to see if the disk is corrupt, or not?

Can't try it on a another Mac..no one else around as one, and how would I get the 3+Gb there to it? I only have a CD drive-

Thanks so much for your reply!
Peace, Bob

+Quote Post
Bronx
post Sat 8 Apr 2006, 11:59
Post #4

I was able to mount the Image using Virtual PC, with a program called Isobuster, by Smart Projects--it seems the image has both an iso, and a UDF component--WinImage could only see the iso component.. all other programs failed.

Thanks to all for their kind help!

Peace, Bob

PS-Again--any programs for the Mac that will open an iso image that has both these components-iso/udf?

This post has been edited by Bronx: Sat 8 Apr 2006, 12:04

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 9 Apr 2006, 03:56
Post #5

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

On OS X flavours, 10.2.8 solved the problems of the 10.2 users… Now, if everything works, don't move! wink.gif

Sorry for the burn button but as I jumped on OS X only from 10.3.3 on, it's always been there for me! wink.gif (I don't count the OS X beta…)

ISO+UDF, maybe Toast, but I'm not sure, it's a strange mix… Nice to know the solution for it, thanks! cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Bronx
post Sun 9 Apr 2006, 11:26
Post #6

YW-and I agree-if everything works, DONT fix it--smile.gifsmile.gif

Thanks so much for all your help-

Peace, Bob

PS-I had tried Toast Titanium 6--no kernel crash, but nothing else either!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

+Quote Post
zeze
post Mon 10 Apr 2006, 06:20
Post #7

Rookie

Member No.: 6,502

try with toast 5.2

+Quote Post
Bronx
post Mon 10 Apr 2006, 13:58
Post #8

I already tried Toast 6 Titanium, as I had written--but I'd be willing to try Toast 5.2--any reason why an earlier verion of Toast would work, and not the Titanium?

Thanks so much for replying-
Peace, Bob

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 15:10
- © MacMusic 1997-2008