MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Samples Tutorial Wanted!!, Noob seeking Help!
uvbnskoold
post Wed 5 Apr 2006, 05:01
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,332

Hey there,

Admittedly I am a NooB when it comes to using samples and anything else with music and technology. Everything outside Sibelius that is.

What I really need is someone who can point me in the direction of a good samples tutorial. One that will tell me how to take a piece I wrote in Sibelius and get my $4000 worth of samples to record it. I have all EW/QL stuff - Bosendorfer 290, Symphonic Orchestra Gold and Gold XP, Symphonic Choirs and Stormdrum... even Steinberg's Groove Agent 2. I have Logic Pro 7.1 (also no idea how to use it's enormous power yet) and Garageband 3 - also with the World, Remix and Rhythm jam packs.

But I have no idea how to truly use them (aside from the Garageband stuff - that's pretty easy)... outside of loading it up, loading a sample and using my keyboard to playback the samples.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good tutorial, or post a short, quick and to the point reference?

I am truly grateful for any help that anyone can offer!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Wed 5 Apr 2006, 23:57
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

I wonder if it's a sample tutorial you want or some introduction to instrumentation. unsure.gif
It looks rather a larrrrge subject, you'll have more help with "smaller" ambitions that helps the question to be answerable…

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
uvbnskoold
post Thu 6 Apr 2006, 17:10
Post #3

Rookie

Hey lepetitmartien,

I don't need any help with instrumentation, I am skilled at composition and orchestration.... unless I misread what you had there or that's not what you meant.

What I need is for someone to help me with how to take a simple midi piece that I've alread written, say for solo cello, and put that into logic. Then to have that piece played by a solo cello sample from my EWQL sample library, rather than midi so I can record it like that.

I hope that's more clear. Music is something I'm quite comfortable and familiar with, it's just the technology part that I need help with! biggrin.gif

Uvee

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Thu 6 Apr 2006, 23:45
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

As far as I know, there are some excellent tutorials available out there (probably just start at their website) & they are even on DVD.

+Quote Post
uvbnskoold
post Fri 7 Apr 2006, 03:38
Post #5

Rookie

I was thinking more along the lines of "free" but ya know... I may have to buckle down a few more dollars away from the budget and buy some of the DVDs... when I can find them.

Cheers,

Uvee.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 15:21
- © 440 Forums 2011