MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recording Bass In Logic Express, LE Audio problems
v802
post Thu 16 Mar 2006, 01:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 78,063

Hi,

Hope you can help a Logic Express virgin out here. Trying to record my bass guitar on Logic Express 7.1 via an M-Audio 410 firewire interface (FW410). I can see an input and output signal going through the 410 but nothing is reaching Logic Express. When I look on the computers system preferences>sound I can see the signal coming in from the bass via what looks like a volume meter. Looking at the Audio Midi Setup page the default input is FW410, default output is built in audio, system output is FW410, clock source is internal, audio input is line in and audio out is line out (phew !). In LE7.1 preferences the driver is FW410.

When I record a loop, playback is fine. The problem seems to be laying down an audio track - cannot hear bass through speakers and no signal is reaching LE7.1

What protocol do YOU use when laying down an audio track ?

Mucho gnashing of teeth here !

Hope some one can help
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coldharbour
post Thu 16 Mar 2006, 09:09
Post #2

Member No.: 62,351

Have you created an appropiate audio object for the audio track you're trying to record on in the environment?

+Quote Post
edge100
post Thu 16 Mar 2006, 17:49
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 43,617

QUOTE (v802 @ Mar 16 2006, 00:12)
Hi,

Hope you can help a Logic Express virgin out here. Trying to record my bass guitar on Logic Express 7.1 via an M-Audio 410 firewire interface (FW410). I can see an input and output signal going through the 410 but nothing is reaching Logic Express. When I look on the computers system preferences>sound I can see the signal coming in from the bass via what looks like a volume meter. Looking at the Audio Midi Setup page the default input is FW410, default output is built in audio, system output is FW410, clock source is internal, audio input is line in and audio out is line out (phew !). In LE7.1 preferences the driver is FW410.

When I record a loop, playback is fine. The problem seems to be laying down an audio track - cannot hear bass through speakers and no signal is reaching LE7.1

What protocol do YOU use when laying down an audio track ?

Mucho gnashing of teeth here !

Hope some one can help

Ok, silly question, but have you armed a track for recording in Logic and if so, have you assigned the correct hardware input to that track? Logic will only show the levels if you have record-enabled the track.

Also, have you chosen your 410 as the CoreAudio device in the Audio Preferences? Logic's preferences are not shared with the system's chosen input and output devices.

BTW, Everyone who uses Logic Express uses the CoreAudio protocol.

+Quote Post
v802
post Sat 18 Mar 2006, 16:29
Post #4

Member No.: 78,063

Thank for the replys......

Managed to get the instrument recording in LE - I had to enable "live mode" in the Core Audio section -

audio>audio hardware & drivers > drivers > rewire behaviour > live mode (higher cpu load) - hooray !

All I need to do now is rummage amongst the settings such that I can actually hear what I am playing through the speakers !

Cheers

Bill

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Wed 18 Sep 2024, 17:38
- © PcMusic 1997-2007