MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tunings, Loops wont stay at the sampeled tuning
leelbest
post Sun 12 Mar 2006, 14:30
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,552

Hello, This is my first post on this forum. I am new to recording and after some study have purchased what I think should do a good job of getting out my first CD of original music - or produce a credible demo if nothing else. I bought Logic Express and after being bowled over by Garage Band's simplicity, this LE is taking no small getting used to. I am sure I will have more questions but my current one is this.

I can change the tuning of most sampled riffs in the loop browser in LE. A piano riff in C can be easily changed to a piano riff in D, etc. But, when I drag the C part to an audio track and then drag a D part from the same clip with the tuning changed from C to D in the loop browser, it reverts back to the original chord when played in LE.

I know there is a feature in LE that I assume can be turned on and off that will automatically force me not to make bad music, that is, will automatically adjust any added tracks to the same key.

Is this just on by default and I haven't learned how and when to turn it off? Or am I trying to do something that I am misunderstanding that really can not be done?

I should mention that I am starting this project with no midi or keyboards and I play guitar and sing. So I am trying to build around what I want by selecting basic bass and filler riff lines in the loops to accompany my music performance.

Thanks and I hope I managed a clear question in all of that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Thu 19 Sep 2024, 14:27
- © PcMusic 1997-2007