MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buying A G5- Advice Please
lepetitmartien
post Wed 15 Mar 2006, 05:58
Post #11

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

On my side i expect about 2-3 years of support for most software, but I'm sure some will be available end of 2007 only for macintels, especially new stuff or plug-ins by small editors who can't manage too much bother..

Now, once the G5 is up and running, as long as you don't upgrade all the time, you're fine for quite some time. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rickenbacker
post Wed 15 Mar 2006, 11:10
Post #12

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,705

The current PPC G5s are extremely fast and will be fine for another couple of years at least - and probably beyond.

However, when the first Intel PowerMacs arrive, they should be much faster, simply because increased clock speed is not really possible with the PPC models any more (witness the non-appearance of the fabled 3GHz G5) which is why Apple has switched. Simple as that.

If you have a current or recent model PowerMac G5 (anything from the last year or two), you've got a plenty powerful machine capable of almost every audio task. Max out the RAM (anything from 4Gb to 16Gb) if you need a speed boost.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 10 Sep 2024, 10:09
- © MacMusic 1997-2008