MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recommendations For Building Techno/trance
andrepeat
post Thu 1 Aug 2002, 21:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,477

I'm looking for any suggestions/recommendations for software to build techno/trance tracks on a Mac. Basically, what I'm looking for is something where I can add multiple tracks, lay them over one another...pretty much just build a track from start to finish. I'm looking for something that works similar to Soundedit, where I can see the actual sound file in a wave format and can just keep layering bass, synth, drums, etc. I'm not looking for anything extremely complex, but something that will give me some quality sound and capabilities for getting it to an AIFF file at the end to burn to CD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
filarion
post Thu 1 Aug 2002, 23:59
Post #2

Member No.: 5,666

From your question I´m guessing that you don´t need a lot of MIDI capabilities. I don´t know what OS you´re using, but since we´re forward thinking folks I´ll just suggest something for OSX :>

BIAS Deck currently is the only pro Multitracking software for OSX, but that´ll change once Logic 5 is out (according to my friendly emagic rep it was supposed to happen 2 weeks ago, but hey - expect it end of August). Logic (Gold) will give you many options, but of course you can limit yourself to multitracking audio files, adding vst effects, or whatever else you want. smile.gif

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 2 Aug 2002, 00:40
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

There's Digidesign Protools free…

not a lot of audio tracks, but easy use and topnotch quality for free…

Though plugs ins are not free (AS/RTAS formats)

And a look at the Apple download pages for OS X might give some interesting new things…

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
rickenbacker
post Fri 2 Aug 2002, 12:07
Post #4

Maniac Member

Member No.: 4,705

For electronic music, how about Reason 2.0? Costs around £250, runs in either OS 9 or OS X and sounds absolutely awesome. Great synths, sampler, drum machine, FX. Very intiutive in use - you'll be turning out a new track every day. Plus you can ReWire it to a sequencer to add live instruments/vocals. I don't know if the free version of Logic (Fun, I think it's called) works with ReWire, but if it does that could be an ideal set-up.

+Quote Post
deleted
post Fri 2 Aug 2002, 16:12
Post #5

SuperHero

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,562

Rickenbacker said it all, reason seems to be the easier, cheapest, and best tool for composing techno/trance easily.
It's an all in one solution, which will allow you to loop samples, add virtual instruments (drums, synths, samples), sequence everything, add effects, and mix the result. Impressive tool, really, just listen to the demos!..

Another solution, but less powerfull, is Rebirth 2, from the same propellerheads team...

Just have a try to the demos.

Bye.

+Quote Post
andrepeat
post Mon 5 Aug 2002, 16:46
Post #6

Member No.: 6,477

Thanks everyone for the help! I came back in to work today to find all these replies, hopefully in the upcoming months, I'll be able to help out some others with the same questions.

+Quote Post
albaron
post Fri 9 Aug 2002, 15:02
Post #7

Rookie

Member No.: 6,506

Another solution with the modular feel is to look on the modular-ring !
http://www.modularing.com

it's for mac, including synths, sample players and a lot of sequencers...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 19:30
- © MacMusic 1997-2008