MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Music For Web, Compression
MrD.
post Wed 25 Dec 2002, 23:02
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,121

If you'd like to stream music , RealAudio is a format to cosider.. Allthough many people hate their player the files size they achive is pretty small.
And with mp3 you can get really small files. Simply download any free mp3 convertor (if you're ona mac- you got a free one with your OS : Itune) and expriment with setting. Since the game is intended to people with fast conection anyway (I can't see anyone with a 28kb modem playing on the net) you can try 128kb, which is a good enough quality and quite a small size (about 3.5mb for 4-5 min , if I'm not mistaken)

Good luck...

--------------------
Recording engineer and producer... Check out latest work with Darling Nikkie (aka Jade4u) at DarlingNikkie.com or mp3.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
add9
post Thu 26 Dec 2002, 14:30
Post #12

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,388

Progress biggrin.gif
A company in the U.S.A called Chaoitcom is now working on a programme for streaming music. They can get an mp3 file sized 7.5MB down to just 24kb blink.gif
A telecompany here in Norway, together with Nokia, are interested getting hold of it for the use of streaming music for mobile phones. The next step is the net.
I have, sort of, started a communication with Waves. I want them to create a plug-in that can convert mono files into stereo. But if this streaming programme is released, my headache is over
biggrin.gif

"Working haaaaard for the money..."

--------------------
"It said Windows 2000 or better on the box, so I bought a Mac"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 22:21
- © 440 Forums 2011