MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problem With Gb Import, Inaccesible wav and aiff files
musicdrjteach
post Tue 31 Jan 2006, 03:20
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,088

Having a bit of a problem using GB Import with my Prosample files. I place the wav sample files in the sample folder in the Library and drag the .exs file into GB Import. Each time it tells me it can't find the samples and asks me to point to the file location, I only have greyed out (not selectable) .wav file choices. I'm new to it, but it didn't seem that it should be that hard! Any idea where I'm screwing up?
Help me Mr. Wizard!!!!! blink.gif blink.gif

D. Jones
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Tue 31 Jan 2006, 19:48
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,002

That is a very good question, What I do know is that the GB .exs file format is different from the original .exs

The GB .exs format includes effects settings, the update to Logic7.1 allowed logic to load GB exs instruments.

I have several Prosample libraries. I use them in GB with the AU version of the ESX24, that was included in an earlier version of Logic.

With some of the libraries I had to Load them into Logics EXS editor to make the correct path to the audio samples.

Also the all Prosamples are not organized the same. Some use .wav, some use .aif, and you have to choose the correct audio format for the instrument. some have self-contained folders with the .exs files and the appropriate samples.

So take a good look is it really looking for .wav? or is it really looking for .aif.

Things will get easier once Redmatica releases Keymap, the GB, and Logic Express users can create their own instruments.
http://www.redmatica.com/Site/Pages/KM.php

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Tue 18 Jun 2024, 14:14
- © PcMusic 1997-2007