MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Ilok/ Protools M-powered
cjac9
post Wed 30 Nov 2005, 04:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,592

So i bought Cubase over the summer and it came with a copy protection key a.k.a. dongle. I've lost it. But cubase wont replace it, they tell me that i need to buy Cubase all again. I will not buy it again...and if I find my key I'm selling Cubase. I have started to look into Protools LE and M-powered. I'm a fan of the M-Audio Firewire 410 interface and would like to use that with the M-Powered software.

There is something included with M-Powered (not included with LE) called an iLok though. Is this one of those dongle things that I will probably lose?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
beyaRecords
post Thu 1 Dec 2005, 14:47
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,901

So I'm still confused...do I have to use the iLok with M-Powered?
Can I still open/use the software without it?

No, you iLok key needs to be inserted in a usb port so that the license, which is held on the key, can be recognised by the software.

And with the iLok can I buy multiple ones so I can use my plugins on different protools LE/HD systems? Like if I want to go to a professional studio with an HD setup can I take my iLok so they will be able to use my plugins?

Yes, you can have multiple iLok keys associated with an iLok account (www.iLok.com). When you have registered your key, licenses are then sent to your account by the software vendor you have purchased from. You then download the licenses from you iLok account onto your iLok key. You can then take your key and plugins to your studio of choice. The plugs will need to be installed onto the studio machines as they are not installed on the key, only the licenses are.

Beya
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 13 May 2024, 08:47
- © MacMusic 1997-2008