MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need Help With Oms, Midi Setup, OMS, midi, midisport problems
post Wed 10 Jul 2002, 21:20
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

hi

so im very adept at using Cubase as a sequencer, as well as using Mac. my problem lies in using midi. i have not been able to get the OMS set up correctly, and in turn, my midisport 2x2 doesn't work either. all i really want to do is get my yamaha keyboard to work as a midi controller for reason, battery, reaktor, etc. ive installed the proper drivers for the midisport on my OS 9.2, as well as the newest version of OMS. im just not really sure what to do next. here's what ive done so far:

plugged in my midisport 2x2 into an open USB slot, hooked up my keyboard to the midi in port on the midisport. at this point, ive tried OMS setup.(clearly here im doing something wrong) everything is hooked up, but when i have OMS search my system (printer and modem ports) the OMS crashes.

if anyone has good, detailed instructions on getting all my midi working properly, it would be VERY appreciated! thanks!

-kramer

kramer1200@yahoo.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 11 Jul 2002, 04:58
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

As it is our sea snake topic in both languages…

Trash all your install for midi (OMS, cubase, midisport, your grand mother).

Re-install OMS first

restart

do your thing now, it should work.cool.gif

be sure you use the last midisport drivers (packets of junk software)

And NO I won't go again in the WHY explaination blink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
TalonFFL3
post Thu 11 Jul 2002, 13:40
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,509

to keep it from crashing, dont search your printer and modem drives

this is sometimes included in the manual of stuff you install, or you learn it the hard way like you did

that should fix your oms problem

+Quote Post
damann
post Tue 23 Jul 2002, 05:12
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,044

i'm sick of all this "oms" talk on this site.
cubase dosen't need it, it will recognise any midi interface as a standard interface! cool.gif
if midiman drivers really DO need oms to function, they surely are "packets of junk". laugh.gif
life does exist beyond oms!
i use logic, but a good friend uses cubase without oms.
we both did the same thing...
configure oms, then remove it's components from the system folder and de-activate it in the sequencers' midi preferences. wink.gif
voila, massively enhanced midi communication! tongue.gif
p.s.
another good friend of mine uses dp without oms succesfully, the only people i know who HAVE to use oms are my protools "chums". unsure.gif

--------------------
one for all and all for one...

+Quote Post
Stuartpa
post Sun 22 Sep 2002, 20:35
Post #5

Rookie

Member No.: 7,326

HI I know that a lot of apps will run equipment without OMS but OMS does seem a bit pervasive on the Mac, it used to be one of the best MIDI systems available on the Mac but that was years ago.

Now you have to hop that you are given all the software you need and get to put it in the right place during installation and there really is not any true OMS support out there.

One of the things to try is to make sure that you ahve the OMS USB driver installed correctly and especially that you don't have 2 of these installed on your system. As OMS was originally written for Printer Ports and Serial ports, it does not know to check the USB Bus without a USB driver that is OMS compatible or the above mentioned OMS USB Driver.

Make sure that tthe OMS folder in y our system folder had the USB MIDI manager and that your Extension folder had the USB OMS MIDIDriver installed.
If your MIDI interface came with its own USB MIDI Driver then you may want to disable the OMD MIDI driver in the extensions folder as this could cause a conflict.

If you feel liike getting away from OMS and most of us do, then almost all the suggestions made by the other members should work fine if not actually better than using OMS which by today's standards has a lot of limitations.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 21:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008