MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clueless Newbie Questions, Karaokeing recordings.
gonechan
post Wed 19 Oct 2005, 05:49
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,017

hi nick!

well ,i thiunk you'll probably get many different answers regarding guitars ,is a very personal thing,imagine that some people love more their axes than their wives tongue.gif
in my opinion ,as i expressed before ,is that you'll need a guitar ,like a Stratocaster,an amp(preferably tube ridden) and a cable to connect them.
why an amp? it's the tone ,you can get the new 'PLUGMEICANDOANYTHING'effect ,but nothing compares to a real tube amp ,more if you're intend to play blues ,guitar+overdriven tube amp is the sound you're looking for.most amps,like the low range Fenders come with a spring reverb and an effect loop which will let you output the signal to your audio interface.
let's say that an amp is the other half of your guitar.
(gotta work,will continue later)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nickdaum
post Thu 20 Oct 2005, 01:01
Post #32

Rookie

Member No.: 66,263

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Oct 19 2005, 04:18)
Mhmm nickdaum you just won the award of the most original encoding error. Never seen this one before.

Neither did I ;-)

When I have a rather long text to write I use Word instead of the small editor field. It's the first time it happens. I hope it won't.

Nick

+Quote Post
nickdaum
post Thu 20 Oct 2005, 01:43
Post #33

Rookie

Member No.: 66,263

Hi gonechan

I've been looking around a little. There are many vendors, all of them with a tube-like stuff but apparently without a real tube.
Ibanez has a cool site where you can listen to mp3 samples from its dozens of pedals. Yerk!!
I am sorry if some people like it but whatever I heard is just not my cup of tea.
I need a fairly straightforward sound and I'll be content with a reasonably good result.

If I get it right, you don't seem to be impressed by the multi-effect BEHRINGER X V-AMP.
It has tons of good reviews on the Musicianfriends site, lots of them from people playing Blues, Rock or Jazz, the kind of music the closest from what I want to do.

Would you say you could use a jazz oriented guitar and make it sound bluesy with an amp?

Nick

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 6 Oct 2024, 03:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008