MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SoundTrack Pro review, Article
makuakane
post Wed 2 Nov 2005, 18:10
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,590

I must admit, I was very underwhelmed with this new software. It's a little better than the original Soundtracks I purchased, but not to any nth degree. Of course I own a bunch of audio software including Digital Performer, ProTools, Reason and others, so adding this to my collection seemed like a good idea. However, this thing doesn't do very much more than my free Garage Band. So far, the only worthwhile thing are the samples.

I do like the fact that at least there is someone out there trying to build an all-in-one box for "professional use". Heck I've used far less "pro" equipment in my studio and accomplished incredible stuff like taking an old Fostex A2 - recording a sound, then slowing it down a tad - adding it to my tracks and having the client smiling in amazement at a simple trick. I just keep on reminding myself that these are ONLY tools and the intellectual genius are people like us.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HaroldJohnson
post Wed 2 Nov 2005, 23:37
Post #12

Member No.: 69,158

Dang; I was looking for something to replace Audacity on my G4. Audacity runs horribly on my G4, although it works well engough on my PC (and even better on the Linux systems I've tried it on). For some reason, the software has a ton of issues on OS X. I know it's a problem with OS X because Audacity runs very well on a Linux installation on the same Mac.

So Soundtrack Pro...I'm still going to try using Soundtrack or Soundtrack Pro to see what kind of performance I can get. I won't be paying for it, though, until I know it works well on my G4. I don't need a ton of features, but I'd like something that's a step up from GarageBand. Does anyone know if the original Sountrack program(s) perform better than Soundtrack Pro? I don't need all the extra features Soundtrack Pro has to offer; I just need something that runs well on a Blue & White G3-upgraded-to-Sonnet-G4 with about 700MB RAM.

+Quote Post
edfenner
post Fri 6 Jan 2006, 03:10
Post #13

Member No.: 39,602

Well since this "review" came out, I have wondered - is it just me? - STP has worked great for me and for small projects I use it instead of Logic Pro and have never had a problem.
I was struck this week while thumbing through some of the latest music magazines when I saw:
Electronic Musician Editor Choice: Audio Editing Software - SoundTrack Pro.
Remix Technology Awards: Most Innovative Sofware : yup SoundTrack Pro.

Again - is it protools - no - it isn't suppose to be. So will someone be disappointed when their couple hundred bucks doesn't buy them a thousands worth of software... yeah probably.

I still think that entire premise to the review was ludicrous - and reminds us to evaluate just where a review is coming from. Somone doing enough business to buy the tools they really need or an "audio guy"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 2 Jun 2024, 05:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008