MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quattro & Max/Msp, Does anyone have any experience with this?
mnortham
post Sat 11 May 2002, 18:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,614

I have an iBook and a M-Audio Quattro - I am thinking about using MAX/MSP for designing live quad sound processing - but trying it out - i find that i MAX/MSP does not find this device.

I have put the ASIO drivers in the the appropiate folders and I can see the driver in the DSP - but when i choose it - first it says that it cannot handle the buffer (lowest latency = 150  medium = 250) and then after i change anything and try again it says that it cannot find such a device. at that point i must restart the machine because just quitting MAX/MSP doesn't help.

Is there a particular driver i must use for MAX/MSP and teh Quattro - any recommendations??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jsegel
post Wed 15 May 2002, 07:51
Post #2

Member No.: 4,415

sorry to say it, but i think it may never work. i tried for hours on phone lines with m-audio's tech folks and their updated drivers and found that the quattro wouldn't work for MAX/MSP nor SuperCollider.
i gave up and returned the quattro.
i think usb audio is a mess to begin with.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Romain
post Mon 15 Jul 2002, 08:58
Post #3

Member No.: 742

for max msp at least, if you find an asio driver for your sound card and if you place it in the "asio driver" folder in the "max" application folder, it should work correctly^.
You simply have to configure the mapping of the sound card in the DSP status window.

Romain.Mules@ircam.fr
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 22 Sep 2024, 00:20
- © MacMusic 1997-2008