MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M Box Au Driver For Tiger
nickpowell
post Wed 10 Aug 2005, 01:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,495

can anyone help me find a driver for my mbox to run with tiger?... I've just bought a new ibook and need to run cubase through it.... do i have to install the new protools? (I don't have it)

HELP HELP! i am desperate...

thanks

n
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abcdaniel
post Wed 10 Aug 2005, 09:49
Post #2

Member No.: 22,159

Well, it sure seems that way, but a standalone version will be avaliable *soon*. Check out what Digi have to say. Digi are so retarded when it comes to their core audio driver for the mbox, I can't believe it! When will the latency get any lower?!? Dammit! A couple of years behind, dudes. </propaganda>

Do you know anyone running the latest ProTools? In that case maybe you could try to copy the driver from your friend? Or maybe ask nicely in the store where you bought ProTools, if they maybe got the latest system, and let you copy the driver? It is only a driver, dammit, and it will be avaliable *soon*, it is not immoral, I guess. Hope I'm not encouraging criminality here, then I am very sorry. blink.gif Moderators, feel free to moderate in that case.

This post has been edited by abcdaniel: Wed 10 Aug 2005, 09:55

+Quote Post
Favio
post Wed 10 Aug 2005, 11:00
Post #3

Member No.: 14,788

you can try the usb driver for mbox you can find in usb audio. You must pay for it 55 EU but if you are desperated it can be a good option for 10.4. Panther driver from Digidesign works in tiger but not very well.

+Quote Post
abcdaniel
post Wed 10 Aug 2005, 15:00
Post #4

On the other hand, ProTools 6.9.2 LE full version is 65 EU, which includes the CoreAudio driver.

This post has been edited by abcdaniel: Wed 10 Aug 2005, 15:01

+Quote Post
nickpowell
post Thu 11 Aug 2005, 18:20
Post #5

Member No.: 46,495

Thanks for the advice.... why don't they just release the drivers to everyone and stop behaving so unpleasantly?

The developers blame Apple and Apple blame the developers for us having to constantly shell out money to upgrade software...I think we're all being fleeced. Does this happen in the PC world too?

How rich do you have to be just to keep up?

ANyway, thanks for the help guys.

N

+Quote Post
abcdaniel
post Thu 11 Aug 2005, 22:37
Post #6

Yeah, no wonder people resort to piracy.

Your situation, Nick, is just silly: You bought the goddamn mbox once, and now it won't work, until you buy it some more!

Sure hope Linux gets mature and someone writes a ProTools clone for it... wink.gif

And who wants to buy a 6.9.2 release anyway? Oh, you need it to run PT on TIger? Buy it some more! ProTools 7 might be a week away for all we know. Then buy it some more!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 16:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008