MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transferring Br-8 Recorder Tracks To Protools
DeeVeeBee
post Sat 9 Jul 2005, 20:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,613

Okay....here's my dilemma. I have tracks on a BR-8 that I want to tranfer to Protools. I'm using version 6.7 for LE through a Digi 002 on my Mac. I'm trying to transfer all 8 tracks simultaneously using "digital out" from my recorder to "optical in" on the Digi 002, but for some reason each of the 8 tracks in Protools is a stereo mixdown of all 8 tracks on my recorder. I'm trying to get 8 separate isolated tracks all synchronized without having to transfer each track one by one. Is this even possible? Your help would be much appreciated
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kenmccormack
post Sun 10 Jul 2005, 06:09
Post #2

Member No.: 67,200

Hi there,

Sounds like the input for your tracks is set to the stereo analog input...

You need to set the input of each track manually in the Protools mix window - 1 through 8 on the ADAT. Each channel has an input button...

If you play the source with the tracks in record mode, you should see 8 lots of independent levels...

When doing a digital transfer, also remember to set the clock source to the ADAT input, and of course the sample rate needs to be the same too.

Swap the source back to internal once you've finished the transfer. If your clock is wrong the tracks will 'click'. (Setup > Hardware Setup)

KM

+Quote Post
DeeVeeBee
post Sun 10 Jul 2005, 09:09
Post #3

Hey, thanks for the tip. I tried setting the clock to ADAT but it told me it's invalid and referred back to internal. The one time it stayed out of internal, I kept getting a window saying that I lost communication with the DIGI 002, and that I need to increase my HW Buffer, quit some of my plug ins, and revert the clock back to internal. I wonder if I have a faulty system or hardware. Any more suggestions would be appreciated unsure.gif

+Quote Post
coldharbour
post Mon 11 Jul 2005, 13:18
Post #4

Member No.: 62,351

QUOTE (DeeVeeBee @ Jul 9 2005, 19:00)
I'm trying to transfer all 8 tracks simultaneously using "digital out" from my recorder to "optical in" on the Digi 002, but for some reason each of the 8 tracks in Protools is a stereo mixdown of all 8 tracks on my recorder. I'm trying to get 8 separate isolated tracks all synchronized without having to transfer each track one by one. Is this even possible? Your help would be much appreciated

By BR-8 you mean Boss BR-8?

I'm not familiar with the machine but looking at its specs (the only digital out being DIGITAL OUT (Optical) I don't think it's capable of transferring 8 digital tracks simultaneously.

The standard optical or S/PDIF is for 2-track stereo signal only.

+Quote Post
miklospower
post Tue 12 Jul 2005, 22:40
Post #5

Member No.: 65,731

Try recording a click simultaneously on all 8 tracks, just a single click before the first track starts on the recording, up to say 10 seconds early, do it on all 8 tracks at the same time in the same recording "session" so that it appears precisely at the same moment in time on all 8 tracks, then dump them as 4 stereo or if you like 8 mono tracks onto your other system, then line up the tracks by zooming into sample accurate view and cutting the tracks right at the very first sample of the click you recorded, and then moving all the parts so that they line up (use the snap feature of whatever software you're using should be easy), the tracks should then be in sync, you can then get rid of the click anyway you want to.

Miklos.

+Quote Post
DeeVeeBee
post Mon 18 Jul 2005, 11:46
Post #6

Thanks a lot everyone...I indeed found out that I have to sync each track separately...but the extra work isn't all that bad...I was just looking for shortcuts. I've discovered, though, that being just a tad out of sync adds some cool delay-like effects to the tracks. Anyway, that closes the chapter on this scenario. This forum ROCKS! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 3 Jun 2024, 18:39
- © MacMusic 1997-2008