MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Audiodesk 2 & Pci-324 Card = Nightmare!, Loss of output with AudioDesk v.2.03!
Sound Surfer
post Sun 10 Jul 2005, 16:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 61,046

Dear MOTU experts in Macland,

After upgrading to OSX, I have encountered nothing but problems with my MOTU 2408 MKII soundcard & a new version of AudioDesk (V. 2.03). The software (the "Lite" version of Digital Performer) does not allow me to playback audio through my 2408 MKII which has performed flawlessly for 2 years. I have the 1224 expansion as well, but I am not even considering getting more than 8 analog channels working right now. I am using OS X.2.8 on a Dual 533 "Digital Audio" Mac.
The software & card WILL record but ONLY on the "No outputs enabled 1-2" configuration.

I NEED HELP, PLEASE. Have you had problems with AudioDesk and the PCI-324 card/2408 MKII interface from MOTU?
Did you solve the problems?
How?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
-Sound Surfer

This post has been edited by Sound Surfer: Sun 10 Jul 2005, 16:51

--------------------
The revolution WILL be televised, but don't ask me for the channel...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ourmanflinty
post Sun 10 Jul 2005, 22:24
Post #2

Member No.: 48,982

Well, I put a 2408 and 324 into a Mac G4 400 with a fresh install of 10.3.9 and only checked it out with Logic but got good results. It's got to be your OS version and issues with Audiodesk..? You need to go to Audio Midi setup and play around there for a bit to see if say, iTunes, can play back through the 2408.

--------------------
Simon Flinn
Install & Support Eng, Maintenance, Analog & Digi Electronics
Dist/Dlr background, Fast & Friendly, London & SE Based.
freelance studio support click here

+Quote Post
azusa
post Mon 11 Jul 2005, 09:16
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,031

I'd also suggest upgrading to at least 10.3.9.
What's your PCi driver version?

+Quote Post
DANO10
post Mon 11 Jul 2005, 14:47
Post #4

Member No.: 6,512

Mr. Sound Surfer,

I agree with azusa. Also, you may need new PCI drivers - downloadable from the MOTU site.

DANO10 cool.gif

+Quote Post
Sound Surfer
post Tue 12 Jul 2005, 22:54
Post #5

Member No.: 61,046

Thanks to Simon, and everyone who chipped in with a reply.
A few clarifications:

1) I have downloaded the newest drivers and installed them for both OS 9.2 and OS X. Having spoken with a Motu tech and discussed my OS thoroughly, it seems odd that they would not twig to a known problem involving the OS version.

2) I have uninstalled & reinstalled twice, configured in different ways and made sure that the 2408 MKII is "recognized". It is, but output seems to be disabled except in OS 9.2 (which runs AudioDesk 1 which I already had).

3) I can upgrade to OSX 3.9 I suppose. This will involve laying out more cash due to Apple's increasingly crazy OS update policy.

4) I had recently decided to go "all-MOTU" with my DAW. Now I am starting to wonder...

(I already tried adjustin configurations in "Audio Midi Setup", Native Apple Sound, and all accessible MOTU panels.)

Can anyone else solve the mystery/suggest another route?

Thanks!
-Sound Surfer

blink.gif

--------------------
The revolution WILL be televised, but don't ask me for the channel...

+Quote Post
robinsky
post Mon 25 Jul 2005, 21:22
Post #6

Member No.: 3,707

my setup: dual 1 ghz g4, pci 324 with 2408mkII & 24i, os 10.3.8, dp 4.6
i completly switched to osX last autumn. the summer before i was testing osx 2.8 with my motu-gear and it was really crap. i got pops in the recorded files and also routing in- an outputs was a nightmare. so i got 10.3 and swiched when dp 4.5 was there. knock on wood.
so i suppose that the problem is your os.

i'd "borrow" a panther from someone and test your configuration with the os. or even 10.4 which is also a great os!

good luck, robinsky

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 20:05
- © MacMusic 1997-2008