MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Protools Without Mbox?, can protools le software work w/o mbox
bpositive
post Wed 8 Jun 2005, 14:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,588

I just bought an ibook G4 and want to edit my music. I have an alesis HD24 to record my tracks and can transfer them via fireport. I use all 24 tracks in each song. I have a friend who told me to get ProTools LE from ebay, but I have been reading that the software will not wotk without the mbox, 002, or 002rack. Is it possible to import the files from the HD24 into PTLE without the use of mbox?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arvidtp
post Wed 8 Jun 2005, 15:53
Post #2

Member No.: 12,850

nay, unfortunately you need a digidesign interface, or now a "select" M-audio interface to even start up Pro Tools LE.

--------------------
-Arvid •• Squish the Squid Productions, Modest Machine

•• digitally augmented trumpet, TOOB, flugelhorn, cracklebox, percussicube, no-input-mixers and Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz 15", MacOS 10.5, MOTU Ultralite, Logic Studio 9, MaxMSP 5, JackOSX ••
•• Electronic-experimental, jazz, digital instrument design, electronics, unique software and performance.••

+Quote Post
td3k
post Wed 8 Jun 2005, 16:00
Post #3

Member No.: 16,354

It is NOT possible to use ProTools LE without an mBox or other suitable Digidesign hardware. It will not run, do not buy it alone or you will be wasting your $$.

There is ProTools Free but it only runs on OS 9 or Win 98/2K with 8 tracks. It will not run on OS X or Win XP. Will not run in Classic mode as well.

There are many other multi-track software options that will run without any dedicated hardware. Logic, Tracktion, Cubase, Ableton, ect.

Good luck,

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 29 Sep 2024, 07:30
- © MacMusic 1997-2008