MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Os9 Issues W/ Ableton Live And M-audio Fw410, calling all OS9 users...
stfrequency
post Thu 2 Jun 2005, 21:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,382

I realize I'm working on an antiquated rig, but still this kind of thing should not be happening... I'm running OS 9.2 on a TiBook 667, using Live 1.5 and a Firewire 410. I have an OMS setup with an MPC 2000 XL to be used for sending a master midi timecode signal. First off, for some reason, I get lagtime in response when testing my studio in OMS -- the 'midi received' message comes intermittently when triggering from the MPC. If anyone has suggestions for why that might be happening, I'd appreciate it.

The real problem comes in syncing/playback with Live 1.5: I can get an external sync going fine, but if I get more than 5 or so clips running and start playing with efx sends, I get all this crispy distortion in the audio output. Then suddenly the timecode slips and the 410 slips behind by a half step or so. This renders the sync irreparable unless I reboot. I have also tried running Ableton without a Midi sync, and I get the same crispy distortion if I run too many clips or drop live DSP or anything, so there's something seriously wrong with my compatibility. I d/L'd the newest M-Audio drivers for OS9 from this site, but nothing doing... I've also tried the same setup on my buddy's G3 iBook (running 9.2 as well) and get the same crappy result -- although he doesn't have the weird lag response in OMS 'test studio' for whatever reason...

Anyone have similar experiences?? I am headed to Guitar Center today to pick up a different interface -- possibly the Edirol ua-25 or maybe something by Echo Audio. Does anyone have suggestions for a portable card with decent I/Os and Midi support? -- has to be OS9 compatible of course...

Thanks much,
ST
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
azusa
post Fri 3 Jun 2005, 01:32
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,031

That's normal for OMS. I'm still using OS9 but I use FreeMidi.
I was going to suggest you use FreeMidi instead of OMS, but I see that you have M-audio interface.
So it won't work with FreeMidi.

I suggest you either move up to OS X or get audio interface+Midi interface that works with FreeMIDI.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 24 May 2024, 00:34
- © MacMusic 1997-2008