MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Digi 002 / Qucktime / Help Urgent, digi 002 / Qucktime / HELP URGENT
crevette
post Sat 7 May 2005, 14:24
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,550

Hi@all

I've just installed a new system MacOSX
Ran all the necessary updates (software updates)
Restarted in OS10.3.9
Updated some more (quicktime...)
Installed Protools LE 6.4
Pluged in my DIGI002
Tried to open an aiff file with quicktime
and ...
nothing :
Quicktime player AND iTunes are DEAD...
can't get them to read a file, can't get them to start.
When launching itunes on its own:
the digi002 has a flicker in the sample rate and thats it...
The only thing i can do is force itunes (or quicktime) to quit...
Whats this all about ???

Thanks for your advices

--------------------
MacPro 2 x 2.66 GHz Intel Xeon Duo, 3 GoRam
PC Bi-Xeon 2 x 3Ghz 2 GoRam Corsair
Cartes sons: Digi02 Rack + RME Multiface
Nuendo et Pro-Tools
1030A Genelec
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ronaldl
post Sat 7 May 2005, 15:56
Post #2

Member No.: 12,933

Hi crevette,

I'm afraid I can't answer your questions concerning iTunes and Quicktime, but I do want to mention a couple of things for what it's worth.

First of all, I'm surprised that you're running Pro Tools LE 6.4 in OSX 10.3.9. According to Digidesign, "Pro Tools LE 6.4 is officially supported on Mac OSX 10.3.2, 10.3.4, and 10.3.5." I have a Digi002 Rack running PTLE 6.9 in OS 10.3.8 and have not yet updated the system because even PTLE 6.9 is not yet officially supported on OS 10.3.9. You might want to check the support/compatibility section of their website.

Also, the 10.3.9 system update has been problematic for many people. Most of the issues seem to be Java and Safari related. You can check the Apple website for directions on how to correct these problems and/or check some of the various troubleshooting forums, such as http://forums.macosxhints.com/search.php?s...searchid=615055.

Again, I'm sorry I couldn't address your specific issues, but I hope this is somewhat helpful.

+Quote Post
Lister Coleman
post Mon 23 May 2005, 20:27
Post #3

Member No.: 66,024

Hi, I saw your thread by accident and having just gone through this I felt compelled to register so I could reply.

Go to the Digidesign Forum under support, go to 001,Mbox for Mac and go to page two to the Quicktime7.0/iTunes4.8 thread. There are a bunch of folks having problems. It hammered me hard!
I eventually had to do a complete reformat and re-install of my OS and all my apps.I have 001 and was running smooth as silk on 10.3.9, for weeks, even though not supported. I downloaded the iTunes4.8 and QT7.0 updates and bam! same stuff you are getting. I did a clean install of OS10.3.5 over the OS saving Archive and Save Users and Settings so I would not lose all my needed info, but same problem. I then installed 2 new drives, formatted HFS+journalled as I dont use OS9 anymore,reinstalled all my apps etc, did NOT upgrade to QT7 and iTunes4.8, and all was good. I had placed the original problem drive on the 66 buss to use later as storage and backing up. I went to open an app like address book or something to copy over to the new drive and WHAMMO same issue. I was not happy! Turns out it is possible QT places something there that affects iTunes and you can't get it off. So I had to copy over all the files I wanted then REMOVE the corrupted drive from the computer, (I could have re-formatted it but did not want to lose all my stuff) and then completely reformat my new drive AGAIN!! aaargh and re-install all the stuff over again. I stayed at 10.3.5 and iLife '05 with iTunes 4.7.1 and QT 6.5.2 and LE 6.4 and all is good now for two days. I was down for 4 days as I tried to fix it, doing a lot of research and scouring the forums.
I did not know 002 was having issues with this and glad I saw your thread as I was about to do a hardware upgrade to 002. I am wary because of the Power Harness issues and now this.

NOTE:There is a Core Audio 6.9 update that some people are having results with. See Digidesign>Support> Downloads

If I were you I would definitely go to LE6.7 and 10.3.8 because that is what is supprted although don't trust me, check it out. If you still have problems you may have to reformat but that is a last resort and be careful you back up to a safe place all your goodies.
Go to the Digi Users forum and follow the threads and go to the links you find. There is a lot of info on this, but eventually it will depend on what works for you. There is a thread about a QT6.5.2 reinstaller that some folks used but apparently it is not perfect.
Intersting that there is not a damn peep from Apple about this or Digidesign.

G4 MDD 1.25GHz DP, 1.25GB RAM, 10.3.5, Pro Tools LE 6.4, Digi 001, Reason 3.0, GPO, Drumcore.

+Quote Post
crevette
post Tue 24 May 2005, 14:33
Post #4

Member No.: 18,550

thanks many times smile.gif
your reply was extremely helpfull and constructive

--------------------
MacPro 2 x 2.66 GHz Intel Xeon Duo, 3 GoRam
PC Bi-Xeon 2 x 3Ghz 2 GoRam Corsair
Cartes sons: Digi02 Rack + RME Multiface
Nuendo et Pro-Tools
1030A Genelec

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 08:44
- © MacMusic 1997-2008