MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's Wrong With Flash And My New G5, can't download from website using flash
aquaman
post Fri 11 Mar 2005, 07:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,960

I just got a new G5 a few weeks ago. I am running 10.3.8. I have been trying to purchase some drum and effects loops from a site that uses flash (www.p5audio.com). I can not hear audio playback from the flash play buttons, and when I try to access the shopping cart, when attempting to purchase, I am given the following message: "shopping cart is empty, click here to return to the site." This happens using IE and Safari. I do NOT have this problem on my girlfriend's eMac G4 with 10.3.8. Can someone please help me?
Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synthetic
post Fri 11 Mar 2005, 22:03
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,082

make sure you have the latest version of Flash plugins installed. Also try using Firefox. IE is pretty much worthless these days as Microsoft is no longer creating new versions and have given up on it for the mac and while Safari is nice... it has its shortcomings too. cool.gif

oh... also make sure there are not any software updates available for your system that have yet to be installed wink.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 12 Mar 2005, 03:57
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

What is IE? laugh.gif laugh.gif

You should use in priority Safari or Firefox. And on sites that don't behave try the ones between Safari or Firefox which is not you browser of choice, then only try IE.

Now beside that, as Synthetic pointed out, have you updated everything and have you especially repaired permissions using Apple disk utility and restarted? cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 09:32
- © MacMusic 1997-2008