MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Trs Plug Has End Bitten Off!! Shock Horror., How hard to extract from socket?
Jaysee
post Fri 14 Jan 2005, 03:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,025

Hi.I 've been off the radar for a bit immersed in manuals and trying to get to grips with all my new kit. I did something yesterday which I managed to avoid in many years of gigging and drunkenly loading/chucking stuff into the back of bedford vans with ne-er a care for its well being.
YesterdayI pulled out a TRS 1/4" balanced eurojack plug from the rear of my Keyboard, it felt a bit stiff so I pulled a bit more firmly, but using gentle normal force, I didn't *yank* it out by the lead or anything. Anyway, when it emerged it had the final metal 'tip' missing, revealing the inner part and a little tuft of worrying wire where the tip should have been; the keyboard wasn't plugged into the mains at the time.

As the tip metal bit is still in there I haven't dared to start it up since this incident for fear of damaging the keyboard by shorting something internally.
Had ayone else had a similar calamity with sockets unwilling or reluctant to release male TRS jackplugs?

Is there any way, of extracting this tip without opening the whole synth ...'fraid I cant even mernd a fuse or wire a plug without risking electrocution, so anything requiring electrical knowhow is a nono
!or is there a special tool to get through the hole to make it surrender its captured 'tip', which must lie beyond the powerful spring designed to ( too powerful in my opinion)part of th socket in question. All my stuff is pretty new so It might slacken ts grip in time. I'm unable to travel out of town to a music store or service center as I'm stuck in a wheelchair. theres now't in Blakpool sadly.
cheers, J.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 28 Apr 2024, 17:08
- © 440 Forums 2011