MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Midi Problems With Logic 6.4.1, do i need an external sound card ?
ryanie
post Tue 11 Jan 2005, 20:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,251

Hello ! i recently installed logic 6.4.1 on my G4 power book, im running osx 10.3.7 and my problem is this... i cant get any sound from my midi instruments or when i use reason through rewire, do i need an external sound card or can i use my built in audio, how should it be configured ? Also it will only let me import wav files into the audio window, when i try to import aiff a window pops up saying "insufficient access privileges for operation, result code -5000" what does this mean ? Please help me before i go insane.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jazzer
post Tue 11 Jan 2005, 21:40
Post #2

Member No.: 52,461

The midi instruments refer to the instruments built in to your keyboard. Logic should play your kb for you after you have recorded a midi track. To get sound out of your computer you will have to record the keyboard output as an audio track, or use an audio instrument - such as the EVP77, which is included with Logic 6.4.
I'm also using Logic 6.4 with a G4 PB. The last time i imported aiff I got the same message. I ignored the msg, and I was able to use the track.
I hope this helps. I had the same problems for the first few weeks.
Al

+Quote Post
ryanie
post Wed 12 Jan 2005, 15:06
Post #3

Member No.: 58,251

Thanks Jazzer, im afraid i did'nt make myself clear when i mentioned the problem i was having getting any sound from my midi instruments, i was'nt referring to external midi controllers i was referring to the midi instruments within logic,eg synths drums etc. Also regarding the error code -5000 "insuficient access privileges for operation" although i can still listen to the file and i can drag it into the arrange page i cant go into the sample editor when i double click on it??????????????????????

+Quote Post
jazzer
post Wed 12 Jan 2005, 16:10
Post #4

Member No.: 52,461

I haven't used the sampler with an aiff so I really can't help much there. I had no trouble using the EVP77 or the EXSP sample player. I primarily use Ivory and sometimes Saxlab as audio instuments. I use the drumset that resides in my Yamaha P250.
Are you able to set up the audio instruments as shown at
http://www.screenlands.com/logic/ ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 23 May 2024, 14:57
- © 440 Forums 2011