MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> What Sampler Would You Advise Me
blouies
post Tue 11 Jan 2005, 23:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,007

hi,

i'm looking to buy a sampler but i'm a bit confused in what brand and type best fits my needs, so if you can give me some tips, a big thanks!!

- music style goes towards air, ie a mixture of midi, analogue and acoustic instruments
- i want to record both the analogue synths and accoustic instruments (flute, guitar) and be able to make good loops out of them (typically loops up to 20sec lenght) Issues i face today are that the loops are not perfectly in sync with the strict midi BPM tempo and get out of cue after some loops (because the timestretching not 100% perfect match)
- read wav samples (way too much wavs free on net to neglect and not take advantage of)
- good drum sound / programming (hence the wav files of drummachines)
-effects included which can be tweeked on the spot (if needed using extra controlles s.a. kenton
- spread samples over a keyboard range. both to simulate synths via samples and to pitch up or down a sequence sample (eg bassline) important here is that a sample remains the same length over different keys (so not have the baseline 2 sec longer in a low C then a high C)

these are most of my requirements.

what would you advice me???

thank you cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 10:27
- © 440 Forums 2011