MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Loop Index Corruption - Le 7 Oop Index Corruption
jaguarr
post Tue 4 Jan 2005, 06:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 57,764

Great forums! So, here's a fun one I haven't seen mentioned here after doing some searching. Every single time I want to use any loops in Logic, I have to shut it down, nuke the Loops Index from the /Library/Application Support/Garage Band/Apple Loops Index directory, restart Logic and then reindex the files all over again. If I do not do this, the Loop Browser will take down the whole application upon starting it. If I do this first, it runs fine for that session. Once I shut down Logic, though, I have to repeat this procedure again before restarting it or it will crash once I try to use the Loop Browser. I've tried moving the loops to another drive and setting up a symbolic link out of curiosity as to whether it would have any effect on that, and it has not. I also discovered that this corruption affects Garage Band's ability to use this loop index file as well. No loops whatsoever are showing up in Garage Band, now, so I have to re-index in GB as well. Nice. To say that it's irritating me to no end would be an understatement. Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Thanks,
jag
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
post Thu 6 Jan 2005, 21:33
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,002

Been there, the ONLY way to make the index intitialize correctly,is to trash GB and associated files and re-install.

PIA.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 18 Sep 2024, 21:28
- © MacMusic 1997-2008