MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Fake Payments, Watch out your equipment
JPedro
post Wed 29 Dec 2004, 13:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,971

It's my first topic in macmusic. First of all congratulations to all macmusic's developers. It's a very good site and a usefull work place. Unfortunely some people is not so serious has we wich, so my contribute is my advice to a guy called "peter_white@fastermail.com" who operates in the classifieds zone. He wanted to buy me a JV1080 and send me a fake international check for payment, asking me to give him the difference of that check via Western Union. It's a real good story biggrin.gif . He send me a gorgeus check of 7.050€ to pay a simple 650€ and wanted the difference ahahah at this time Interpol is looking for him because i wet to the police tell all the story.
So be carefull macusers....
Best regards to all of you....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
firefox828
post Fri 7 Jan 2005, 03:01
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,580

Just for the last time here .....

pls have a look at his first e-mail he sent to me...and what I received yesterday from "Security Pro News" .....

"Forums" <peter_white@fastermail.com> 

Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 22:24:16 +0100

firefox828,

peter_ has sent you this email from
http://www.macmusic.org/agora/forums/index.php.

Hi,
I run a procurment outfit in Lagos. I am keen on procuring your S-330
Roland for €1 50 if the description information provided is to be
beleived pls let me know the present condition and your last price on
offer, I await your reply.

Regards, Peter.

"Security Pro News"

angry.gif A new fraudulent email has begun circling the Internet. It claims to be from an Asian charity helping the victims of the recent devastating Tsunami that hit South-East Asia.

A member of an anti-scam forum has said, Nigerian scammers have sent out an email, originating from Lagos in Nigeria, claiming to be from a Singaporean charity that is involved with the relief effort. They ask that recipients send money by Western Union to help out the victims of the disaster.

The fraudulent email states: “DEAR SIR/MADAM
SIR WE WANT TO SAKE YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT FINANCIALY FOR THE ASSISTANCE OF THE DISSASTER FOR THE DISPLACED PEOPLE IN THE ASIA TSUNAMIS EARTHQUAKE ATTACK. WE ARE SLOID FOUNDATION A HUMANITARY AND NON GOVERNMENTAL ORGANISATION IN ASIA

PLEASE WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT WITH AT LIST 100 DOLLAR UPWARD TO ASSIT MORE THAN 2,000,000 DISPLACED PEOPLE AND OVER 500,000 HOMELESS, AND over 33,000 poeple are dead and we need to assit the families of the dead people. WE NEEDED THE FUNDS TO HELP GET FOOD, MATERIALS, DRUGS, FUEL, ETC...

YOU CAN SEND YOUR DONATIONS TO ANY OF OUR CENTRES IN ASIA.all donations by cash should be send by western union money transfer.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 16 May 2024, 02:51
- © 440 Forums 2011