MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Midiport, Oms And Os9.2 - Cant Get Started...
johnvand
post Mon 6 Dec 2004, 02:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 56,174

Hello all;

I purchased a Midisport 2X2, loaded OMS 2.3.8, loaded the Midisport driver, then clicked on the OMS setup program as instructed, and I get the following warning: “-108 there was not enough memory OMS could not be loaded”. I tried again by trashing everything from OMS and Midisport, setting Extensions manager to "9.2 base" restarting, reinstalling, restarting with the same result. What is going on?

I'm using a G3 Imac 450, 192 built in memory, Apple talk off
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
divan
post Mon 6 Dec 2004, 20:29
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 37,222

looks like you have one or more systemextensions "coliding" with oms or midisport. i'm running a steinberg 2x2 usb2midi with oms and i only get a message like this when my 2x2 is unplugged. try to disable all extensions and control panels which are not needed for, well lets say your "making music setup".

for some other tips - there has been a topic on this forum:
http://www.macmusic.org/agora/forums/?s=&l...&f=6&t=2347&hl=

someone there writes you have to install oms first - the the midisports driver.

--------------------
-dv-

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 6 Dec 2004, 22:25
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

I'm the"someone" wink.gif blink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Well the main reason is OMS is an old old software, and with system updates it has become more and more touchy. Especially with M-audio drivers he doesn't seem to like.

Try the procedure I've given, if it doesn't work, we'll have to think harder cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
divan
post Tue 7 Dec 2004, 17:03
Post #4

Rookie

Member No.: 37,222

blink.gif sorry lepetitmartian ... i was in a hurry to behave well-educated...

back to the topic: the most stinky job with the classic macOS is to switch off all sys.ext. and cdevs and turn them on one by one if you are complete clueless which extension is causing problems. but it works (well mostly)

in the last months i read a lot about m-audio (because i thought about a new usb-midi device) and i get the feeling that tascam looks like the better choice for os9.2.2.

--------------------
-dv-

+Quote Post
johnvand
post Tue 7 Dec 2004, 19:34
Post #5

Member No.: 56,174

Thanks to all for the input. I will check the back forums listed, and keep trying to reduce the number of extensions on. I'm already down to "9.2.2 base" in extensions manager. It seems to me that if this product is not working at this setting then, well, it should be returned!

I'll let you know what happens....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Sat 28 Sep 2024, 12:23
- © PcMusic 1997-2007