MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need Help: Logic Express - Input / Output
Doc Rock
post Fri 19 Nov 2004, 23:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,261

Here's a question from a digital recording illiterate:

Does anyone know how to get Logic Express (7) to accept incoming signals via USB, but use the internal audio port as the output for monitoring at the same time.
I am using several USB devices to feed into my Mac. Switching the core audio driver handles that quite acceptable. However, I can't monitor recorded tracks, if the input devide I am using (i.e. Tascam U122) won't allow a return signal.

It worked perfectlt on good old Garageband, because that program let's you define in- and output separately.

Any idea how I can get this fixed in Logic?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
editbrain
post Sat 20 Nov 2004, 06:46
Post #2

Member No.: 30,424

i don't understand. i use to use a us122. i would set the track to the correct audio in. then i would click the record button. i could hear my track instantly.
i.e. the guitar on channel 1 into the channel 1 on the tascam. click the record button and bang. instant guitar out of the monitors.

but to answer your question. you can only use 1 audio device in logic.

+Quote Post
Doc Rock
post Sat 20 Nov 2004, 16:23
Post #3

Member No.: 55,261

Thanks! Did you feed the U122 through USB or the inbuild audio plug? Maybe that's where I loose it?

+Quote Post
editbrain
post Sat 20 Nov 2004, 16:46
Post #4

Member No.: 30,424

i plugged the tascam via usb. plug the (guitar, mic) into the tascam. that is all. no need to plug the out of the tascam into the in of the mac. it transfers sound via usb. should work really good for you.

us the outs (rca outputs) to go to stereo, monitors, mixer whatever sound device you use for output.

+Quote Post
erstokke
post Tue 23 Nov 2004, 11:32
Post #5

Member No.: 53,047

Are you sure you record to the correct type of track? Audio to audio tracks, midi to midi or inst. tracks.

+Quote Post
Thea Hardy
post Wed 24 Nov 2004, 05:47
Post #6

Member No.: 55,510

I will probably hate myself for the simple answer that's likely to come at me, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a digital audio file (imported an MP3 file) to output as an MP3 (or anything else, for that matter) in Logic Express 7 - I am a new Logic user (formerly DP), and am still finding my way around. Looked in the Getting Started manual under everything I could find (would think output would be a basic) and would appreciate a quick "point me to it" reply - so I can say duuuuh, got it, and fade back away to get my project done! wink.gif

Thanks,

Thea

+Quote Post
erstokke
post Wed 24 Nov 2004, 21:11
Post #7

Member No.: 53,047

Yes, it´s simple! Just select File > Bounce and select the output file format. Remember to check start and end position.

Jan Erik

+Quote Post
Thea Hardy
post Wed 24 Nov 2004, 21:41
Post #8

Member No.: 55,510

Thanks, Jan - I figured it was something that simple. Duuuuuh! :-)
I think of bounce as something from the old days, not as a synonym for output. I need to get a whole new vocabulary (not the first time for new software training!)

I appreciate this very much; you saved my skin!

Best,

Thea

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 26 Jun 2024, 14:23
- © MacMusic 1997-2008