MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> audiophile 2496 problems, click and pops o'rama!
silkworm
post Wed 13 Feb 2002, 04:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,417

has anyone used or installed a midiman delta audiophile 2496 (for macg4)and had any problems with clicking and poping at the beginning of each track(audio track)i have installed this little sucker 7 times to the manafacturers instructions,and have tryed changing the buffer and sample rates,pretty sure it has something to do with the driver because the extension sends a pop when loading on startup....
ELP'!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Thu 14 Feb 2002, 02:43
Post #2

Group:
Member No.: 0

I sent one of those back immediately because of the things you are describing. That was almost a year ago, though.

Have you downloaded the latest software for it? I have a Delta Dio at my office that works better than it did when we bought it and I'm sure it's because of the newer drivers.

+Quote Post
links
post Sun 10 Mar 2002, 05:51
Post #3

Member No.: 3,770

Hey man, are you having any other problems with your 2496? I just got one and when I open Cubasis to record, it doesn't record anything, I'm inputting intot the soundcard from a mixer and I can see on the control panel the lights jumping indicating the sound card is receiving a signal. I don't know whats up???

Any advice or settings for the control panel.

+Quote Post
dman
post Thu 14 Mar 2002, 19:16
Post #4

Member No.: 3,837

Wow - you guys are scaring me. I just installed the card into my G4/867 and I haven't had the problems you are describing.

I used to use a little iMic, and throughout the track I got the clicks you are describing, but only intermittently. I could eliminate the clicks (maybe a sampling rate problem?) by turning on VST effects (usually reverb) on the existing channels in Cubase.

I'm still waiting for a small mixer, but I'm gonna check and see if I get the clicks you're describing with my new card.

--------------------

+Quote Post
links
post Wed 20 Mar 2002, 04:24
Post #5

Member No.: 3,770

dman,

Do you have any problems with playback of your recordings. I finally figured out how to record audio, but once I get it recorded, I can only play it back twice and then I can't hear it anymore. I double check the patchbay router and all the monitoring options are still the same. Also, when I try to record on other channels, I get a dialogue box saying my audio was too short to record. Any ideas??

thanks in advance

+Quote Post
dman
post Fri 22 Mar 2002, 19:22
Post #6

Hey Links:

How do you have your mixer patched and what are your HW settings?

I have no problem with playback, but I've got a goofy workaround. I record the audio in the Demo of Cubase 5 (it doesn't allow me to save the sequence or mix, but it writes the audio files to the hard disk, and it has GREAT latency control -- unlike Vision, for example). Then I can put the audio tracks into whatever sequencer I want -- I'm trying to learn Logic right now.

As for the patchbay in the control panel, I set it all to 'monitor mixer' and it was fine. Alternately I set them all to the top setting 'SM/ASIO 1/2' and that worked well too. I've got the proper ASIO driver in my Cubase folder, so check the documentation for Audiophile and Cubasis and choose the right driver!

(Wow - it almost sounds like I know what the hell I'm talking about, doesn't it?)

BTW -- I got my mixer, a 10-channel Eurorack MXB1002. Still testing it out. It's more than I need, but I can use it as a live mixer for performance, so I can grow into it for a while.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Sat 23 Mar 2002, 06:12
Post #7

Group:

I've read that the fix for this is installing the card in the 3rd slot.
Basically, it's the graphics card that gets in the way and causes that.
So if your 2496 is installed next to your graphics card, you'll get popping.

if you've already tried that (since you've installed the card 7 times), I don't have an answer.

+Quote Post
dman
post Sun 31 Mar 2002, 19:21
Post #8

Okay -- here's my latest:

I had a TON of problems with clipping when I recorded thru my Eurorack MXB1002 mixer to my 2496. I found that I had to turn the mic gains almost all the way down - the card is very sensetive - also, despite other advice I've read on this forum, I had to set the input levels WAY DOWN in the M-Audio Delta control panel. I set them to -16db for the channel I was recording through and I got much better results.

And RE: the 3rd slot -- I installed the card in that slot originally, and I still get the occasional pop.

Here's my new beef: I have everything hooked up and recording well (through the demo version of Cubase -- GREAT for recording, WORTH THE DOWNLOAD! -- I gotta buy this when I get some $$), but when I use Reason, I get a mix of 15% music and 85% white noise through my monitors. Anyone have any ideas?

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Thu 20 Jun 2002, 10:44
Post #9

Group:

This card sounds great - when it works...

As for the clipping/ noise etc, the only solution I have found is (when in Reason or Logic), when the noise starts, open the Preferences for Audio and click on the ASIO control panel button. Then, return to the host application and the noise stops.... pretty lame though... On my system (G4, 400, 690MB Ram - virtually no extensions) it is getting worse every day. I now need to do it once every minute or so....

Generally speaking, Midiman stuff don't work well with Macs....

PS>> moved the card in 3 PCI slots - same every time..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 23 Oct 2024, 03:28
- © MacMusic 1997-2008