MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do I need a mixer with 828?, Can I go through the 828 or do I need a mixer?
jimmydonny
post Mon 17 Jun 2002, 05:17
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,124

just a follow-up...
indeed, my 'puter is a 600mhz imac g3, so it's not as fast as the 800, and i was doing most of my stuff in 24 bit 48khz, for some reason (it all ended up at 16/44 anyway...) with the 828, the 'zero latency' idea has to do with 'cuemix plus', which is an all-hardware routing of an input (or pair of inputs) to the main outputs and headphones, so the signal doesn't have to go through the 828 to your cpu & back out again for you to hear it - it just passes straight through the 828 from input to the headphone jacks, so there's zero latency there. when you monitor in 'direct hardware playthrough' mode, you wont hear any effects on that track because the signal you monitor never makes it to audiodesk or digital performer or what have you. and you cant route more than a signal pair to the monitor outputs.
good luck - sorry about my off-topicizing...
dave
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
damann
post Mon 17 Jun 2002, 05:34
Post #12

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,044

i can't help feeling that we're putting slowtrain07 off this whole idea!
stick with it slowtrain, it's really cool, actually.
peace and respect to jimmydonny, the 24bit 48k explains a lot!
also lepititmartien, the vst support issue you mentioned is exactly what i was trying to say (no smartass comments please), both cubase and logic support vst and offer extremely good native plugs, vst wrapper just shouldn't have to exist!
sorry for the lack of smileys, maybe one day i'll actually care!
peace and goodwill to all.

--------------------
one for all and all for one...

+Quote Post
post Mon 17 Jun 2002, 14:51
Post #13

Group:
Member No.: 0

Actually this has all been very helpful. I'll probably be around fairly regularly on this board so at some point I'll report on how it all worked out.

Also, Damann, good point on the keys... Midi will likely be in the cards down the road but it's not neccessary for the next six months or so of projects.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 13:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008