MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Big Knob Vs Central Station
Mac-Dee
post Wed 18 Aug 2004, 13:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,296

HEY Well i am looking at getting either of these for my setup but i wanted to hear everyones views, Pros and cons , Adv and Dis Adv of each of the products

Mackies Big knob or Presonus central station
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
terrywil
post Wed 18 Aug 2004, 14:54
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,767

I've been using the Central Station for about 3 months. I run 2 monitor systems with it - a pair of Genelec 1029A, and a pair of Mackie HR824. It's a great device! And a dream come true for the digital work station. Many options, good sound. I looked at the Big Knob - (and I like Mackie gear). Unfortunately, the Big Knob is not a rack mount unit, which is what I needed. I recommend you go with the Central Station. It costs a bit more ($499) compared to the Big Knob ($329), but the added features and rack mountability make it more than worth it.

--------------------
"...I just don't know...it sounds funny."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac G5, dual 2.0 GHz, MOTU 828 MkII interface, Virus TI Keyboard, Genelec 1029A and Mackie HR824 monitors, Mackie Control Universal, Presonus Eureka and ART DPS II preamps, Presonus Central Station, AKG C1000S and C3000 mics. Logic Pro 7.2, Trilogy, Stylus, Atmosphere, Native Instruments Komplete 2.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 10 May 2024, 01:34
- © 440 Forums 2011