MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Digi 002 Rack, G5 And... Logic??, Will it work?
FunkyKeys
post Wed 21 Jul 2004, 17:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,722

Hey!

Just a quick question: Will a Mac G5 and Digi002Rack work completely with Logic 6? MIDI, Audio, using the 002 preamps to record into Logic and so on...? Or is the 002 only for ProTools?

FK.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arvidtp
post Wed 21 Jul 2004, 18:52
Post #2

Member No.: 12,850

should work decently, although Digidesign's Coreaudio driver (for interfacing hardware with logic and other apps) leaves a bit to be desired as far as stability. Make sure you have version 6.5.2 of the coreaudio driver, at least it is a good deal better than the earlier one (multiclient support and many less crashes). I am using logic Pro with my Mbox right now, and my only complaint is the latency, which would probably not be an issue with the Digi firewire interfaces. Have fun with Logic - I am finding it refreshing after working so long in Pro Tools, but I still haven't completely learned it yet.

--------------------
-Arvid •• Squish the Squid Productions, Modest Machine

•• digitally augmented trumpet, TOOB, flugelhorn, cracklebox, percussicube, no-input-mixers and Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz 15", MacOS 10.5, MOTU Ultralite, Logic Studio 9, MaxMSP 5, JackOSX ••
•• Electronic-experimental, jazz, digital instrument design, electronics, unique software and performance.••

+Quote Post
FunkyKeys
post Wed 21 Jul 2004, 22:31
Post #3

Member No.: 43,722

Thanks for the help...

I'm a newbie to Mac as well as to PT, but very comfortable using Logic (in Windows, though...). Logic is in my opinion easily the best program to work with when it comes to MIDI, Software Synths (love their EVP88, the Hammond and the Clavinet plugins), but I will start a studio with my friend who has a Mac and a Digi 002 Rack, hence the question. The combination of Logic (for recording MIDI and perhaps audio) and PT (for mixing) seems like a perfect fit to me.

Your combination - the Logic Pro / Mbox - could also be an option for me. Doesn't the Mbox have a "Zero Latency" function?? Or do you refer to latency when playing the software instruments?

Thanks again.

FK.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 24 Sep 2024, 21:35
- © MacMusic 1997-2008