MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help With Tascam Usb Interface!!, My computer doesn't recognize it!
wilcosky
post Sat 1 May 2004, 05:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,235

Hi, could someone help me, please!! I just got a new Tascam US-122 usb interface for my apple ibook laptop. I installed the drivers like it said, but when I go to open up the recording software (cubasis) it says "No Interface Found!". Anyone got any tips or information??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Buck
post Sat 1 May 2004, 14:33
Post #2

Member No.: 41,374

wilcosky, hate to be the bearer of bad news but I just went thru a week of trying to make it work with a G4. Tascam claimes it's not their problem and Stienberg has discontinued Cubasis and absolutely will not help you. It stinks. These people feel like can just put out crap and leave you hanging. I threatened a class action law suite but I don't have the time. These companies are going to keep doing this kind of stuff until somebody takes them on. Short of sueing them the only thing I can say is bad mouth them big time and warn others so they won't get stuck.

+Quote Post
editbrain
post Sun 2 May 2004, 07:30
Post #3

Member No.: 30,424

wait a minute. hold up! you need to realize that not everyone is having these issues. i use a tascam us-122 everyday with my powerbook as my primary sound output device. i use logic audio. have you went to your preferences and and changed the output from our built-in sound device to your tascam.. have you went into your OS X audio setup and change the primary sound device to your tascam? did you leave the device disconnected when you loaded the driver? did you go to tascam's site and download the correct updated driver? i mean you have not even begun to trouble shoot the device and you are already slamming it, wilcosky. someone asks for help and you are not helping; you are trying to get support for taking a company to court.
let's get to the bottom of this before we start to point fingers.
i don't use cubase, but i am sure somebody in this forum will come up with the answer. maybe we can get some of the questions i have asked answered and solve this problem for Buck.
Buck, could you answer these questions?

happy recording,
editbrain

+Quote Post
wilcosky
post Thu 6 May 2004, 05:22
Post #4

QUOTE (editbrain @ May 2 2004, 01:30)
wait a minute. hold up! you need to realize that not everyone is having these issues. i use a tascam us-122 everyday with my powerbook as my primary sound output device. i use logic audio. have you went to your preferences and and changed the output from our built-in sound device to your tascam.. have you went into your OS X audio setup and change the primary sound device to your tascam? did you leave the device disconnected when you loaded the driver? did you go to tascam's site and download the correct updated driver? i mean you have not even begun to trouble shoot the device and you are already slamming it, wilcosky. someone asks for help and you are not helping; you are trying to get support for taking a company to court.
let's get to the bottom of this before we start to point fingers.
i don't use cubase, but i am sure somebody in this forum will come up with the answer. maybe we can get some of the questions i have asked answered and solve this problem for Buck.
Buck, could you answer these questions?

happy recording,
editbrain

ummm, i think you read the thread there wrong dude... you said "blah blah blah stop slamming it WILCOSKY. Um, It wasn't me that was slamming it, it was Buck. I just simply said I'm having a problem. thats all. Anyway, yes I completely followed the directions correctly. I installed the drivers with the device inplugged, blah blah blah. The bottom line is, I've given up. And, I've solved the problem. The problem is that cubasis program. The last guy that posted said he doesnt use cubasis, but his tascam us-122 works great. Well, thats because you dont use cubasis. I am using a different program now, and it works GREAT! but for some reason, if I try to use that cubasis program it doesnt work. I dont care though, I like the set up I have now , minus the cubasis. biggrin.gif I just read your comment again... DUDE< you say at the end//// maybe we can blah blah blah blha and SOLVE THIS PROBLEM FOR BUCK.. MAN, LISTEN.. Buck isnt the one having the problem, I am (wilcosky) READ A LITTLE BETTER BEFORE YOU POST>

+Quote Post
Buck
post Thu 6 May 2004, 14:08
Post #5

WILCOSKY, you're exactly right. And editbrain I did change the output from our built-in sound device to the tascam. I have the correct driver and yes I installed the software before hooking the unit up. Fact is it just doesn't work. What's more Tascam says it's not their problem even though they bundled the software with their product and it's on the packaging and the manuel says it will work. It won't. Stienberg is no better. In fact they're worse. They don't even support cubasis. Don't believe me? Go to their web site and see what is actually offered in the way of any help! I wasted over a week dealing with all these people. I even contacted Frontier, the people who write the drivers. If you know anything that I can do to make this work like it claims, I'll take it all back but I'm thinking that, like WILCOSKY, I'm going to have to buy something else. angry.gif

+Quote Post
editbrain
post Thu 6 May 2004, 14:11
Post #6

Member No.: 30,424

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah

+Quote Post
Buck
post Thu 6 May 2004, 14:19
Post #7

Yea, that ought to do it.

+Quote Post
xingu
post Thu 6 May 2004, 14:56
Post #8

Member No.: 6,217

Nobody mentioned what OS they're running... the bundled Cubasis software is OS9 (or lower) only, and will not run in OSX.

This post has been edited by xingu: Thu 6 May 2004, 14:56

+Quote Post
wilcosky
post Fri 7 May 2004, 04:07
Post #9

yeah we've figured that much out, no thanks to SOME people.

+Quote Post
wilcosky
post Fri 7 May 2004, 04:12
Post #10

yeah we've figured that much out, no thanks to SOME people.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 2 May 2024, 18:12
- © 440 Forums 2011